Espn Analyst Are Complete Morons And Cowboy Haters..

CowboyChris

Reaction score
riggo;2342197 said:
RW may flourish in dallas. but if he needs 2 admittedly GREAT players like TO and witten on either side of him to finally make an impact in the NFL, how good is he really?

as someone whose a fan of a team thats been through this- draft picks for average players, but with tons of potential!-, it seems dallas pulled a 'snyder' here. ;)

i agree, not all cowboy fans are onboard with this trade, and i agree a 1st 3rd and a 6th for RW is rather steep. if not for the extra 3rd we had, i was would be furious. Jerry has always been a risk take and a gambler, this deal does have the potential to be a huge success.

Reaction score
CowboyChris;2342395 said:
i agree, not all cowboy fans are onboard with this trade, and i agree a 1st 3rd and a 6th for RW is rather steep. if not for the extra 3rd we had, i was would be furious. Jerry has always been a risk take and a gambler, this deal does have the potential to be a huge success.

We can recoupe the 3rd and 6th easily.

Reaction score
riggo;2342115 said:
i think the turmoil they are referring to is T newman out, pacman suspended again, TO unhappy and yelling at teammates, romo out, coming off a second NFC loss where they were favored....probably forgot a thing or 2.

as for RW, its hard as an outsider to disagree with what they said. dallas did pay a steep price for a guy who has one decent season in the league, even being stuck in detroit. his numbers really arent that much better than crayton. it just seems like a jerry jones 'i gotta have this texas guy i've always wanted', desparate but unnecessary move.

And most oustsiders are forgetting, or simply have no idea, that Dallas loaded up on extra picks in the 2008 Draft (something like an extra 3rd, 4th, and 6th). And we got a 5th round pick yesterday from the Titans. So is dealing a 1st, 3rd, and 6th that big of deal? Even after the trade, we still have 9 DRAFT PICKS in 2009. Would having 12 picks have really helped this team as much as having a proven reciever? I doubt 9 rookies will make this team next year, definitely not 12.

And by the way, comparing Roy Williams to Patrick Crayton is pretty crazy dude.

Rudy

Reaction score
I can't believe it........SKIP BAYLESS JUST SAID HE LIKED THE TRADE!!

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2342205 said:
http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/MediaMeanies.jpg

Spot on. Regarding media moaning, Hitler used to do the same thing with the Jews. It's called "externalizing the enemy." Instead of looking inwards, all of Germany's troubles were projected outwards .. on the Jews. Why blame yourself when there's a ready-made patsy nearby?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think this was a good trade for both teams. We get a proven WR going into his prime. And for all the crap about being no better than Crayton is BS. The QB's he had throwing to him while a Lion, as well as no talent around him. Well, now he has [or soon will have] Romo and talent around him.

I'm ready for 2 bowls of popcorn.

We really did not give up that much. If this was a 2nd instead of a 1st, it would be considered a steal, and Detriot the next Mike Lynn [as is the Walker / Vikings trade].

We have many high draft picks next year, and with a talented roster, do you really think all 9 picks will make the team. Don't be surprised we trade back into the 1st round between the # 24 & #32 slots which is where we would have been anyway.

bigE79

Reaction score
riggo;2342197 said:
RW may flourish in dallas. but if he needs 2 admittedly GREAT players like TO and witten on either side of him to finally make an impact in the NFL, how good is he really?

as someone whose a fan of a team thats been through this- draft picks for average players, but with tons of potential!-, it seems dallas pulled a 'snyder' here. ;)
no,if we pulled a snyder we would have traded for some 34yr old has been;)

tnbk

Reaction score
or a 31 one year old player who is so good that his phone didn't ring until yesterday.........

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
CATCH17;2342215 said:
Dallas doesn't have but maybe 1 or 2 holes. 1 of those 2 holes were filled.

We can afford to overpay a little because we dont need much of anything.

Ok but who is gonna fill the holes in Jerry's, Wade's, Garrett's & Stewart's headsssssssss ? :D

LMAO

I agree on latter part.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2342056 said:
Let me start off by saying that Terrell Owens was right when he said that ESPN's ratings must be down always looking to create some kind of story.

On ESPN, or better known as BSPN are talking about the Cowboys and are talking that "the Cowboys are in trouble",(Trey Wingo) "The Cowboys are not a SuperBowl team".( Shaun King) "Turmoil In Big D"( Floyd Reeves, former GM from the Titians, who drafted Pacman).

How the hell do they come up with this crap? What turmoil? What trouble?

The Cowboys(4-2) are 1/2 game out of second place with the Skins who are 4-2 as well. The Giants are 4-1 and played one less game because of they had their bye week. The Eagles are 3-3 and in last place.

Yep! The Cowboys are in serious trouble!

I am sitting here watching NFL Live :bang2: :banghead: listening to Shaun King whom was a huge bust and knows squat about being good in football. " The Cowboys are not a SuperBowl team". "If the Cowboys are going to the SuperBowl in Tampa, they will have to do it hanging with ME".

UMMMMMM, I am sure most of the people in the Cowboys organization don't even know who Shaun King is.

Then they started to talk about the trade the Cowboys made, getting Roy Williams. " The Cowboys over-paid for a guy who's numbers are no better that Patrick Crayton".

Are you freak'n serious?:bang2: Look, I am not a huge Roy Williams fan but anybody saying that RW is not a upgrade over Patrick Crayton is just flat out stupid. That must be ESPN!

" The Cowboys gave up way to much for a guy that hasn't had the production from a former first rounder".

:laugh2: :laugh2: Let me see, the Cowboys gave up a first rounder. O.K. tell me what WR in the up coming draft will be a sure thing? Well, there is none! It takes about 3 years for a WR to come into their own.

This is a win a SuperBowl team, this year!

The Cowboys also gave up a third and a sixth rounder,. Whoopie do! The Cowboys can easily recope both of the by either trading down in round two, for example or by trading a guy like Patrick Crayton or another veteran.

Now, I have to agree with one thing that they said was his contract was a little high, giving him a 20 million signing bonus. Not sure he is worth that much but I am sure that they will re-do his contract in a few years to few up cap-space.

Now, here is the kicker. How does Roy Williams fit in Dallas?"He may not be a fit", Floyd Reeves. "Roy Williams hasn't been productive in Detroit", Reeves said.

Yo! Old man Reeves, you serious? How many games have the Detriot Lions have won in the last ten years? YOU JUST CAN'T WIN IN DETROIT!

How does RW's fit, he asks? Well, first teams will have to pick their poison. Play Cover2, Cowboys will run Barber or look for Witten in the middle of the field. Play Man-Coverage, LOL! One-on-one, well can't see many teams doing that. Zone-coverage, I can see that. Problem with that is the Cowboys will take what you give them. BTW, RW and Owens are awesome once they get the ball in their hands, YAC.

Reeves, was fired for what? He sucks!

It just amazing how many Cowboy haters are out there, especially ESPN..AKA.. BSPN.

Sorry for the vent but just sick ESPN just doing whatever they want to stir the pot. I am done watching BSPN for good. :espn:
Shaun"I Really Suck AS A QB", says "The Cowboys are an 8-8 and 9-7 written all over it".

Trey"I never played football before", says since the Cowboys have not won a playoff game in a long time, scale back your expectations.

Hey Trey, your a freak'n tool! Trey Wingo must of been in the Chess Club.

What makes these guys experts? I have no idea.

:bow: