News: ESPN Analyst Has Blunt Message For Dak Prescott, Cowboys

Jarntt

Reaction score
Dak needs to be better than he has been if we are to win anything of significance and he is to earn that contract, but I suspect most QBs have not so great stats if you only look at the games against teams that are better than their team and in which they are 5-13. Your facts are really more just your agenda from my seat.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Those facts are entirely irrelevant because a) they're not predictive and b) they're not compared to other quarterbacks and teams .

The Bucs were 1-5 against playoff teams in the regular season last year. By my math, that's a considerably worse win percentage than 5-13.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
QB W/L record vs winning or playoff teams is always presented without context, usually to push an agenda.

Here are some QBs with losing records vs winning teams: Aaron Rodgers, Deshaun Watson, Josh Allen, Matt Ryan, Jared Goff, Matthew Stafford, and now-retired Drew Brees. Either those guys are bums, or beating good teams requires more than just a QB.

Brady, Mahomes, Wilson, Jimmy G, and Lamar Jackson - those are your active QBs with winning records vs winning teams. That's it. Note that they've often had good defenses to back them up. Go figure.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
https://thespun.com/nfl/nfc-east/da...st-has-blunt-message-for-dak-prescott-cowboys

29 touchdowns, 24 turnovers, and a 5-13 record against playoff teams. This team has a long way to go. But Jerry always has them winning the off season. Get your popcorn !
I've been saying this all off season on here. Everyone just pretends it doesn't happen.

He's good against the division and trash against everyone else.

The majority of Daks damage comes against division teams and bottom feeding teams. It's not just playoff teams either, Daks bad against teams above .500.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I've been saying this all off season on here. Everyone just pretends it doesn't happen.

The majority of Daks damage comes against division teams and bottom feeding teams. It's not just playoff teams either, Daks bad against teams above .500.
Saying it over and over and over again doesn't mean that it's smart.

Nobody is naive to it, it just does not matter moving forward. It's a pointless observation, not predictive data.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Saying it over and over and over again doesn't mean that it's smart.

Nobody is naive to it, it just does not matter moving forward. It's a pointless observation, not predictive data.
I bet you wouldn't be saying "it doesn't matter going forward, blah, blah, blah" if he was beating good teams. In fact, I bet you'd be calling everyone that said that "haters" or "trolls" if these numbers told the story you wanted them too.

starfan1

Reaction score

Kirk Cousins 7-35 against teams with 500 record or better .166%
Dak Prescott 13-20 .393%
Rodgers 36-43-1 .456
Deshaun is 7-19 .269%
Mahomes and jackson and Brady are over .600% most QBs struggle with winning % against good teams. won- loss is a a team stat. But do carry on

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Kirk Cousins 7-35 against teams with 500 record or better .166%
Dak Prescott 13-20 .393%
Rodgers 36-43-1 .456
Deshaun is 7-19 .269%
Mahomes and jackson and Brady are over .600% most QBs struggle with winning % against good teams. won- loss is a a team stat. But do carry on
Now post their actual stats against teams above .500, because people on here keep telling me wins/losses is not a QB stat, unless of course, it paints a prettier picture then it can be called a QB stat.

Do you not remember the graphic they were showing during games last year that highlighted just how different Dak played against teams above .500 as opposed to below .500? When they make a graphic on it to tell the story during a game then you know you have issues.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garbage Wins against Garbage teams.
Garbage time stats.
Garbage QB!
Garbage results!
The new Dak contract will go down as one of the biggest blunders since the Sox's sold Babe Ruth to the Yankees.

P.S. To all the Dak(Garbage King of QB) homers one word of advice.....get your excuses ready!!!!:omg:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Garbage Wins against Garbage teams.
Garbage time stats.
Garbage QB!
Garbage results!
The new Dak contract will go down as one of the biggest blunders since the Sox's sold Babe Ruth to the Yankees.

P.S. To all the Dak(Garbage King of QB) homers one word of advice.....get your excuses ready!!!!:omg:
Good to have you back Papster!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Now post their actual stats against teams above .500, because people on here keep telling me wins/losses is not a QB stat, unless of course, it paints a prettier picture then it can be called a QB stat.

Do you not remember the graphic they were showing during games last year that highlighted just how different Dak played against teams above .500 as opposed to below .500? When they make a graphic on it to tell the story during a game then you know you have issues.
You’re going to be miserable this year when the Cowboys led by Dak start winning. And we will remind you haters count on it.