ESPN/Archer project the 53 after OTAs

gmoney112

Reaction score
Linked below but some quick thoughts:

- I think they will end up carrying 6 WRs, not 5 .

- Carrying 9 OL seems right. He has Hyatt making the 53 with Sua gone. If Frederick is truly healthy and now with McGovern, as much as Sua was adequate last year, he's likely gone.

- 10 DL seems right too given the numbers we have there. And Archer's list doesn't include Gregory. If he finds his way back to eligible, Charlton or Armstrong will be holding their breaths (or I guess Hyder as well).

- 10 DBs, with 5 safeties and Frazier not one of them. I could see a DB getting dropped to create a spot for the 6th WR. Darian Thompson being gone would be my guess, especially if Wilson continues to show he can play as a rookie.

https://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation...-on-defense-in-this-cowboys-roster-projection

Basically the numbers I thought we might go with, given contracts/talent.

Darian Thompson is a little rich. I don't know, maybe. I also have no idea about Goodwin, but given Byron + Brown, and the battles at CB, I'd probably go long here too. Westry got some snaps at Safety, I wouldn't be too surprised if they wanted to keep him and let him snag the 5th S spot.

Carry 3 RB, take Weber to the PS, and go 6 at WR. Easy.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The Cowboys had better consider obtaining a vet QB as their backup.

Neither Rush nor White are really likely to serve as capable backups.

Both failed to impress in our 2018 preseason to be Dallas' #2 at QB.

I'll keep hope alive that we'll obtain one during the 2019 preseason.

Last edited:

Kingofholland

Reaction score

- Carrying 9 OL seems right. He has Hyatt making the 53 with Sua gone. If Frederick is truly healthy and now with McGovern, as much as Sua was adequate last year, he's likely gone.

- 10 DL seems right too given the numbers we have there. And Archer's list doesn't include Gregory. If he finds his way back to eligible, Charlton or Armstrong will be holding their breaths (or I guess Hyder as well).

- 10 DBs, with 5 safeties and Frazier not one of them. I could see a DB getting dropped to create a spot for the 6th WR. Darian Thompson being gone would be my guess, especially if Wilson continues to show he can play as a rookie.

https://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation...-on-defense-in-this-cowboys-roster-projection

Agree with your revisions. DB count seems high and I do believe 6 WRs will be kept. Considering Cooper, Austin, Cobb, and Hurns are all free agents probably makes sense to keep a young talented guy on the cheaper side. Not sold Noah Brown will be the guy either. Like the upside of the others more and Brown hasnt done much to seperate himself.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Now being able to trade XSF for value despite his below average starter play on a minimal contract would be so cowboys

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I think it's too long on defense. Add a receiver (probably Austin) and drop Goodwin. I also don't see Thompson making it over Frazier, because Frazier is one of our top special-teammers. I also lean toward White over Rush, but the jury is out on that one.