News: ESPN: Brady 'happy' with choice, but 'never say never'

Cowfan75

Reaction score
So you’re saying there’s a change…

What are the cap implications of parting with Dak and signing da GOAT?

Who cares...can't be any worse than if we keep him. Do it! Think of the jersey sales, Jerry!!! I'll buy two!

John813

Reaction score
So, how would that work if he wanted to come back to the Bucs? If he officially retires prior to June 1st, they would have a dead cap hit higher than his current 2022 cap hit. If he does file the paper work after June 1st they "Save" roughly 12mil this year(in june) but eat 24mil dead cap next year.

I guess they have a handshake agreement to keep him on the team at least through June 1st, and maybe do one last pitch to him to play one more season before he files any paperwork

One hint would be if he takes a "paycut" on his base salary to give the Bucs cap relief before the start of the season. Similar to what Brees did

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
If I'm the Cleveland Browns, I'm redefining the meaning of "woo".

glimmerman

Reaction score
Wonder where he goes. Back to the bucs. Just not the giants or egirls or washington.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Where would be a good one year destination for him. How about in Vegas with former OC McDaniels?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
With the numbers he put up this season it’s going be hard for him not to get the itch. A lot easier hanging it up when you know you’ve lost it.

shabazz

Reaction score
…..ergo, the Niners win the Super Bowl next season…..Trey Trey may have to wait another season to get his chance

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
…..ergo, the Niners win the Super Bowl next season…..Trey Trey may have to wait another season to get his chance

Hold on I have it on good info we are getting Sean Payton in 2023 and he will have total control...TB12 will come here for this...you believe me...don't you?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I doubt brady would come to dallas, as he would want to go to a SB ready team.

I think he might come back if a team just needs a qb. and it has SB potential.
I think he retired as he doesnt care for arrians, and leftwich left.
I imagine gronk will retire too and wait for tom to pick a team lol.