ESPN: Breaking down Jalen Hurts next from the Eagles

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Believe it or not, I think this impacts Dak's extension a bit ........Just me, but this is close to what his extension is going to cost

https://www.espn.com/blog/philadelp...down-jalen-hurts-potential-contract-extension

Breaking down Jalen Hurts' potential contract extension​

How big of a pay day are we talking about?​

The floor is north of $45 million per year for upper-level quarterbacks. That was established by recent contracts handed out to Aaron Rodgers ($50.2 million avg.), Russell Wilson ($49 million), Kyler Murray ($46.1 million) and Deshaun Watson ($46 million).

Watson's contract is the outlier, with the Cleveland Browns guaranteeing the entire $230 million deal, while the average guarantees for Rodgers, Wilson and Murray comes in at around $160 million.

Flamma

Reaction score
I hope they sign him. They'll have a one or two year window.

lkelly

Reaction score
He has so much leverage, it's silly. He can sit and wait to see if one of the other big QBs gets a deal done. He can demand Watson guarantees. He can even sit out a year if it comes to that. What's Philly going to do? Draft a guy in the first round? Losing a $4M potential salary is peanuts compared to waiting as long as possible. He can make that up in spades just by waiting for the Herbert/Burrow deal to happen.

Now maybe the guy isn't a complete money first player (like Dak). Maybe he does a Mahomes/Brady team friendly deal because he wants to win. It certainly won't be because he has one hand tied behind his negotiating back. Don't know much about his agent either. Looks like she doesn't have much of a roster. Howie's probably licking his chops (and not because of her looks).