News: ESPN: Byron Jones holds up well vs. Rob Gronkowski

NewsBot

Reaction score
IRVING, Texas -- Byron Jones was not given an easy task on Sunday: defend New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski. Oh, and with little help.

In the Patriots’ first three games, Gronkowski caught four touchdown passes and had at least 94 receiving yards.

Against the Cowboys, shadowed mostly by Jones (first-round pick), Gronkowski had four catches for 67 yards.

“He competed with him,” coach Jason Garrett said. “He challenged him.”

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I haven't heard his name all too much this season, which is a good thing, especially for a rookie.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I think like half of Gronks yards came on one catch which he should have had a flag thrown against him. All in all Jones was excellent yesterday.

And the other was just a well executed play, a crossing pattern (which is difficult enough to cover on its own) with a pick/rub (legal version) to slow Byron down trying to avoid it. Dude is a load trying to get down after the catch also.

gdogg24

Reaction score
And the other was just a well executed play, a crossing pattern (which is difficult enough to cover on its own) with a pick/rub (legal version) to slow Byron down trying to avoid it. Dude is a load trying to get down after the catch also.

Man with these pick plays they need to coach our guys to run through the pick player. I mean you have one guy throwing up his arms like "I ain't doing nothing" and meanwhile our defender is left in the dust cutting under or the pick.

Zman5

Reaction score
He should start as our FS now. Let the other scrubs fight for the other safety position.