ESPN Chat w/Keith Kidd: NFC East (comments only)

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
ESPN Chat - Keith Kidd from Scouts Inc - May 21st

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike: Kidder are the Giants quietly rebuilding this season, looking towards 2008? No Tiki, no OLT, they've commited to Eli, and Coughlin got a one year extension, and we all know what that means. Just seems like they need a year to recover and rebuild around some of their solid pieces.

Keith Kidd: Absolutely. Based on what they have done in the offseason it is obvious to me Coughlin will not be the coach in '08. There are question marks all over this team staring at QB, and Jacobs, and then the defensive side if the ball.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
David (New Rochelle, NY): kk - i am perplexed with your earlier answer about the Giants; are you saying that the front office is willing to hang out Coughlin by not filling the holes up and down the roster? If that's the plan, why not let coughlin go and also how can they risk the health of Eli by not having a decent lt?

Keith Kidd: What I am saying, based on what they have done it has given me no indication that this team has gotten any better. And Coughlin has to win this year. Sorry Giants fans, it is a rebuilding year.
Sean (Washington DC): What is your take on the Commanders this year and where will they finish in their conference? Thanks.

Keith Kidd: I think offensively they can be very explosive but it is all going to come down to the development of Jason Campbell. But again defensively this team has a lot of holes. They have to be able to pressure the QB. This team underperformed under Greg Williams, and they are going to have to step it up.

RJ (Fullerton, CA): What are your thoughts on Wade Phillips's chances for success in Dallas? How can you play 1 gap in a 3-4?

Keith Kidd: I think they are pretty good because I think this team is very talented. They will be much improved on defense, based on the design and schemes that Phillips will run. The interesting thing to me is Romo's development.

Tony 'Pro Bowlin' Romo will have a spectaculaaaaaaarrrrr season!!!
Dan (DC): Do you think Jason Campbell, like Jay Cutler, will show significant improvement in year 2 of the Saunders offense?

Keith Kidd: I think the one thing you have to watch in Washington this year is that Gibbs will be more involved in the offense, much like he was in the last four games of last season.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Hey Gryphon -----

This one is funny. You hijacked this post from another baord and actually hijacked my comment with it.

--- Tony 'Pro Bowlin' Romo will have a spectaculaaaaaaarrrrr season!!! ---

That's my comment, not Keith Kidd's. lol.

adamknite

Reaction score
dcfanatic;1505649 said:
Hey Gryphon -----

This one is funny. You hijacked this post from another baord and actually hijacked my comment with it.

--- Tony 'Pro Bowlin' Romo will have a spectaculaaaaaaarrrrr season!!! ---

That's my comment, not Keith Kidd's. lol.

lolZ :laugh2: Plagerism! Send him to jail.

sandy007

Reaction score
It appears ESPN has no faith in Eli Manning. New York in a rebuilding year sounds like the team's record will be close to Washington.