ESPN Classic - Cowboys v. Giants 12/19/81

Sitting Bull

Reaction score
On tonight at 8:30 pm MST
Scroll down if you don't know who won...

You don't want to know. Trust me.

Badattitude

Benched
Reaction score
Will never forget that day..Cold....miserable...a loss that gave SF HomeField advantage....and IMO cost us the Catch game....
Dorsett was brutal...Danny White was terrible..Joe Danello a horrible kicker o beat us.... :(

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
I think that game was played on a Saturday.

Dorsett was brutal? I thought he had a big game?

joseephuss

Reaction score
Badattitude said:
Will never forget that day..Cold....miserable...a loss that gave SF HomeField advantage....and IMO cost us the Catch game....
Dorsett was brutal...Danny White was terrible..Joe Danello a horrible kicker o beat us.... :(

That loss alone didn't cost Dallas home field advantage. Dallas finished 12-4 that season. San Francisco finished 13-3 that year and held the tie breaker since they beat Dallas earlier in the season.

ravidubey

Reaction score
joseephuss said:
That loss alone didn't cost Dallas home field advantage. Dallas finished 12-4 that season. San Francisco finished 13-3 that year and held the tie breaker since they beat Dallas earlier in the season.

SF was on a mission to beat Dallas. They whipped the Cowboys something like 45-14 earlier that year, but hadn't played against Too Tall Jones. I think they wanted to desperately avenged the 56-17 shellacking the Cowboys layed on them the year before.

Badattitude

Benched
Reaction score
ravidubey said:
SF was on a mission to beat Dallas. They whipped the Cowboys something like 45-14 earlier that year, but hadn't played against Too Tall Jones. I think they wanted to desperately avenged the 56-17 shellacking the Cowboys layed on them the year before.
I think they put up a 55 spot on us..no?
I don't doubt what you say, but I think the tie breaker back then was Divisional records...

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
Man that Giants game was painful to watch again. And talk about ugly away uniforms....does anybody miss seeing the number of the player on the hips of the pants?

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
Dallas beat SF 59-14 in 1980. I have that game on tape with Ray Rhodes playing CB for the Niners.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
This is a pic from the 1980 game. The original road blues were better than I remember.

235-488-53043576.jpg

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
I would rather have those back than the 81 jersey's or our present away jerseys...

Eddie

Reaction score
Giants wore white because of our Blue Jersey Curse.