WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Originally Published: December 10, 2009
By John Clayton
ESPN.com

1. San Diego Chargers at Dallas Cowboys: The Chargers meet an old friend, former Chargers defensive coordinator Wade Phillips, in an uncomfortable place Sunday. Phillips is trying like crazy to reverse years of December failures for the Cowboys, and if he can't turn things around, he could lose his job as head coach. The Chargers, meanwhile, are trying to stay ahead of the Broncos, and they know a victory will clinch a playoff spot.

Chargers head coach Norv Turner had great success as the Cowboys' offensive coordinator back in the Troy Aikman days. The interesting part of this game is that Phillips might have ended up as the Chargers' coach if Jerry Jones hadn't offered him the Cowboys' job. Phillips was popular with the Chargers' defense in turning it into a 3-4.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&page=1stand10/09week14

CCBoy

Reaction score
So, this should mean that the Cowboys could become what New Orleans was two years ago....right? He should be able to get to that defense through the Cowboys' offense. He probably knows their personnel better than their present coaches do.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
CCBoy;3134804 said:
So, this should mean that the Cowboys could become what New Orleans was two years ago....right? He should be able to get to that defense through the Cowboys' offense. He probably knows their personnel better than their present coaches do.

Hey CCBoy. I just want a win this Sunday. Last week was a must win in my opinion. This week is no different.