ESPN.com: NFL Network will re-air four games per week

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NEW YORK -- NFL games will be replayed in a 90-minute format on NFL Network during the upcoming season.

In the past, the league didn't allow full rebroadcasts. But beginning Tuesday, Sept. 12, "NFL Game Re-Airs'' will feature four of the best matchups from the previous weekend. Eliminated will be halftime and, according to a league announcement, "other elements not critical to the outcome.''

But additional features, such as sideline and on-field sound captured during the game and postgame news conference sound bites will be interspersed within the broadcast. There also will be camera shots and angles from NFL Films that differ from those on the original telecast.

"Fans have been asking us for years about encore presentations of our games,'' said Charles Coplin, NFL Network's vice president of programming. "For NFL Network, these rights are as significant as securing the new Thursday-Saturday prime-time game package.''

Two games will be shown each Tuesday and Wednesday night. Games shot in high definition will re-air in HD. Which games will be re-aired will be announced Mondays.

It will be the first time in league history that games from the NFL regular-season or playoffs will be shown outside their live window. The network expects to show 75 replays altogether.

LINK

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
This is great news!! Even though the outcome will already be known it will allow me to see additional Cowboys games (hopefully).

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
So whereas the NFL Network's "Game of the Week" featured mostly NFL Films camera shots, with a few TV broadcast shots mixed in, these will primarily be the TV broadcast re-shown, with some NFL Films stuff mixed in?

Does that sound right?

1fisher

Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
So whereas the NFL Network's "Game of the Week" featured mostly NFL Films camera shots, with a few TV broadcast shots mixed in, these will primarily be the TV broadcast re-shown, with some NFL Films stuff mixed in?

Does that sound right?

sounds good to me!!!!!!:D

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I've often wondered why the NFL Network doesn't buy old games from the networks and rebroadcast them.

I'd love to see some of the old classic battles, not just in highlighted format but the actual games as played, down by down.

The presumes, of course, that the networks still have these games, but I'm sure they didn't just trash, kill, destroy old game tapes.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
NEW YORK -- NFL games will be replayed in a 90-minute format on NFL Network during the upcoming season.

In the past, the league didn't allow full rebroadcasts. But beginning Tuesday, Sept. 12, "NFL Game Re-Airs'' will feature four of the best matchups from the previous weekend. Eliminated will be halftime and, according to a league announcement, "other elements not critical to the outcome.''

But additional features, such as sideline and on-field sound captured during the game and postgame news conference sound bites will be interspersed within the broadcast. There also will be camera shots and angles from NFL Films that differ from those on the original telecast.

"Fans have been asking us for years about encore presentations of our games,'' said Charles Coplin, NFL Network's vice president of programming. "For NFL Network, these rights are as significant as securing the new Thursday-Saturday prime-time game package.''

Two games will be shown each Tuesday and Wednesday night. Games shot in high definition will re-air in HD. Which games will be re-aired will be announced Mondays.

It will be the first time in league history that games from the NFL regular-season or playoffs will be shown outside their live window. The network expects to show 75 replays altogether.

LINK

does anyone know what happened to the "re-airs" of games from previous seasons that they began showing last year? I dont recall exactly what part of the year it was but you'd think in this off seaon they'd be showing some now. And hopefully they will pick up the pace of getting these old games edited down so we can see games from before 1999 (which is how far back I think they went). They have decades to cover, lets get on it NFL Network. Remember that commercial a few years ago with Franco harris where they said one day we will be able to see every NFL game ever played. Well I dont expect that but Im welcome to more thatn what we've seen so far