News: ESPN: Dak: Grier exit after Lance trade 'tough situation'

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Oh please. Grier is like any other bubble player fighting to make a roster. His situation isn't any more 'tough' just because he happens to play the same position as Dak. Honestly, this looks more like Dak's low-key way of expressing displeasure with the trade without properly identifying the reason for his displeasure.

"Look what you're doing to poor Mikey!!" GTFOH.

Scotman

Reaction score
How any of you read that article and walked away with the impression that Dak feels threatened, is completely baffling.

Dak is the ultimate politician. He welcomes the new guy and mourns the loss of the outgoing guy. He builds both of them up without tearing either one, or the situation, down.

I haven't been satisfied with Dak's playoff performances, because we haven't progressed. But, Dak's as good as anyone in the NFL when he has to speak into a mic.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
How any of you read that article and walked away with the impression that Dak feels threatened, is completely baffling.

Dak is the ultimate politician. He welcomes the new guy and mourns the loss of the outgoing guy. He builds both of them up without tearing either one, or the situation, down.

I haven't been satisfied with Dak's playoff performances, because we haven't progressed. But, Dak's as good as anyone in the NFL when he has to speak into a mic.
Maybe he should start a DJ business. As a QB he is not as good as anyone in the NFL.

Carson

Reaction score
Grier's only 28; being a QB, he still has an opportunity to remain in the league - even if just a backup role.
Still pays well.
Exactly. But Grier has been pedestrian before last night.

He should resurface as a 2 or 3. But Dak called an excellent game, Grier finally decided to run.

It’s like a heartbreak. You remember the good, but forget the other crap.

Carson

Reaction score

This is it.

I also feel much more confident with McCarthys offense and Dak being able to call a game after the last few games.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm glad Dak was calling the plays for this game. The point, I assume, was both to give him a better understanding of situational awareness, and for MM to get a good idea of how his mind works in that area. It may also help Dak think from an outside perspective while he's in the game.

Seems like a smart move.

Scotman

Reaction score
Maybe he should start a DJ business. As a QB he is not as good as anyone in the NFL.
That's a ridiculous take. I'm not satisfied with Dak. He hasn't gotten it done when it matters. It makes me excited to think we have someone with potential behind him.

But to say that he needs to be a DJ and that he's the worst QB in the NFL is ridiculous.

Carson

Reaction score
I'm glad Dak was calling the plays for this game. The point, I assume, was both to give him a better understanding of situational awareness, and for MM to get a good idea of how his mind works in that area. It may also help Dak think from an outside perspective while he's in the game.

Seems like a smart move.
Offense looked more crisp.

Better route running, more quick routes and getting rid of the ball. Flags, slants, outs. No more 4 receiver hitches on 3rd and 8

Qcard

Reaction score
Very good article. Thanks for sharing it, @Reality !
Agreed!!

I just watched McCarthy's Post game press conference. He's already the cuts on his face....this is the worst part of the game.

In article Dak stated his mind is on Will Grier.

Tough business

rags747

Reaction score
Always knew that Grier was better than Rush. The smart move is to shock The world and cut Rush!