ESPN: First MNF doubleheader games: Vikings-'Skins; Chargers-Raiders

SmellsLikeTuna

Reaction score
joseephuss said:
The Steelers get to open up at home. How nice of the league to do that for them. I will make a bet right now that when Dallas wins the Superbowl again they will then start the next season on the road.

This will be the third consectutive year that the defending SB champ will host the Thursday night opener.......you act like they are doing the Steelers a special favor. :confused:

31smackdown

Reaction score
So what happens when the first MNF game runs over time.. does the other one start on ESPN2 or something?

This better be a one time thing.. 10:15EST.. is definitely too late to .. I remember 9:00 games that didn't end until 1:00. Then again maybe it was all the extra commercials/tv timeouts that ABC was throwing in there to get more money.

Are they try to make Sunday night the primetime game now?... MNF is what it is or..was.. because it was the only game in town and everyone could see it.. it should stay that way.. The ABC to ESPN thing doesn't bother me really because I think a large majority of people have ESPN, although I suppose some people still only have basic service.

Oh.. and who is going to be the broadcast team for the second game?... the sunday night crew?

calico

Reaction score
For some reason I thought we were playing the skins on Thanksgiving this year...oh well.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
U know what? I am lost.. who is calling the game please don't tell me thos 3 again what about sundaynight is it on NBC this year or when ?who is calling the game for them beside Madden:confused: :confused: :confused:

EastDallasCowboy

Reaction score
Having games exclusively on NFL network is absolute garbage.

I could say more, but the mods wouldn't appreciate the language.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
EastDallasCowboy said:
Having games exclusively on NFL network is absolute garbage.

I could say more, but the mods wouldn't appreciate the language.

so do i, same thing for ESPN monday nighters...youd be surprised how many people do not have full cable to get it but get ABC

maybe these people dont count, but kids in school who live with their parents that dont want to pay for cable get ABC but not ESPN. There are millions of teenagers who watch the games, and ill bet about 18% of them dont have cable to watch them now.