ESPN going on a firing spree

Plankton

Reaction score
.Besides, contracts today mean less than nothing.
Johnson is getting paid the full amount of his contract. Disney is paying it out of a different budget line, which makes the ESPN P&L's books look better. Anyone who had a contract is being paid to leave. It's all through restructuring, which allows the corporation to write the expenses off and clean the books of the company that is making the reduction.

ESisback

Reaction score
Disney bought everything (extra greedy megalomaniacs), then went proudly woke. Lost millions in profit, so they’re firing everyone they can. Contracts mean nothing. Loyalty, legacy, and longevity mean nothing. Profit and control is all that matters.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Disney bought everything (extra greedy megalomaniacs), then went proudly woke. Lost millions in profit, so they’re firing everyone they can. Contracts mean nothing. Loyalty, legacy, and longevity mean nothing. Profit and control is all that matters.
Disney is largely Chinese owned/operated. Thus, the demise of its other companies like certain sports channels.

triplets_93

Reaction score
ESPN's Stephen A. Smith addresses the firings at ESPN and the Baltimore shooting.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
anyone that willingly pays to receive that channel is not a true sports fan. They are now a propaganda channel. It will be interesting to hear what they do. Will they go back to a sports channel, or call themselves an entertainment channel? Satire? Because thats what they have been for 15 years, satire. State run. Same with Disney and their affiliates.
If you don’t watch it then how do you know?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Politics

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
All these companies that tried to compete with Netflix are having problems. Warner Brothers having same issues.

Models are changing. And channels that once were mainstays, not so much anymore. There’s a lot to pick from now.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'm curious to ask: anyone here still watching ESPN?

I haven't had cable in years, and it's not for lack of money.
Not much. I use ESPN+ for certain college games.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Disney/ESPN lost their way.
Plain and simple and true

Disney recent massive bombs
  • Stange World lost nearly 200 million
  • Light Year lost > 100 million
  • Elemental is bombing in epic fashion

all have a common underlying losing formula
ESPN strayed too

just saying

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

ESPN strayed too

just

ESPN strayed too

just saying
Just my opinion, but when Disney started deviating from Walt's original vision of them parks and movies for the whole family, the whole experience changed. The last CEO that seemed to hold the same values as Disney was Michael Eisner in the 90's.

I remember meeting him at the ribbon cutting ceremony for the Old Key West Resort (Disney's first time share at WDW), I was blown away by his vision and message.

I bought into the timeshare that very day, but later divested it around 2008.