ESPN going on a firing spree

ESisback

Reaction score
Skip has not been on ESPN since he was with SAS.
He left and went to fox.

ESPN will keep SAS because he gets the clicks and views and they just gave Pat Mcf a huge contract.

I am curious how much McShays contract is compared to Kipers though.
Yeah, my bad about Skip. I was basically generalizing (the injustice of Skip’s “value” compared to better analysts).

Kinda makes you wonder about their “standards”, valuing SAS’s poor man Jesse Jackson shtick and goofy sensationalism over true journalism.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Most of these not surprising. Max, Keyshawn, Jay show is meh. Steve Young meh. Jeff Van Gundy not much of an experience. Little surprised about Suzy, seems like she is the last of the old school ESPN personalities.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Most of these not surprising. Max, Keyshawn, Jay show is meh. Steve Young meh. Jeff Van Gundy not much of an experience. Little surprised about Suzy, seems like she is the last of the old school ESPN personalities.
I think that might be one of the reasons she is gone; old school is a dirty phrase to all too many anymore.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Well, if they EVER get back to basics like being a sports only channel, then MAYBE they wouldn't have to do stuff like this. Its a hard lesson. Self-inflicted.

ESisback

Reaction score
I didn't realize anyone still watched ESPN. :huh::espn:
Clicking around, we sometimes land there a minute. Then we see Steven A. screaming like Jesse Jackson, runaway Dallasbashing, and endless Lebron fawning. That’s when we realize that there are hundreds of documentaries, game shows, and infomercials we could be watching instead, and we gratefully change the channel.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I think that might be one of the reasons she is gone; old school is a dirty phrase to all too many anymore.
Sad but true. Dye the hair, social media yourself to death, and reinforce your belief in constant change — the corporate heads will love it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Clicking around, we sometimes land there a minute. Then we see Steven A. screaming like Jesse Jackson, runaway Dallasbashing, and endless Lebron fawning. That’s when we realize that there are hundreds of documentaries, game shows, and infomercials we could be watching instead, and we gratefully change the channel.
anyone that willingly pays to receive that channel is not a true sports fan. They are now a propaganda channel. It will be interesting to hear what they do. Will they go back to a sports channel, or call themselves an entertainment channel? Satire? Because thats what they have been for 15 years, satire. State run. Same with Disney and their affiliates.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I can't remember (other than the NFL draft) the last time I actually watched ESPN.

Unfortunately, in my mind, ESPN has gone the way of nightly news - a bunch of talking heads shouting over one another and making silly, controversial comments with no real investigative journalism to back it up. Many of their prime show hosts were famous for simply being famous.

I hate to sound old and grumpy, but ESPN simply stopped reporting the news and sports and started becoming the news instead.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I can't remember (other than the NFL draft) the last time I actually watched ESPN.

Unfortunately, in my mind, ESPN has gone the way of nightly news - a bunch of talking heads shouting over one another and making silly, controversial comments with no real investigative journalism to back it up. Many of their prime show hosts were famous for simply being famous.

I hate to sound old and grumpy, but ESPN simply stopped reporting the news and sports and started becoming the news instead.
exactly. I might watch it 4 like 5 minutes during the draft but thats it.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I used to love watching the morning shows and would watch every day. I have had enough of the loud and annoying personalities like Mad Dog, SAS and Kellerman has become more annoying to watch and listen to along with Greenie. Admittedly I am not an NBA fan so the last couple of months I have pretty much tuned out, but come NFL season lots of watching. Will see how this shakes out but the biases of the announcers has also become too much
Kellerman is stale, obsolete.. not sure why he's still employed outside of boxing.