ESPN Insider McShay - 7 RD mock

ljs44

Reaction score
I'd be EXTREMELY happy with the Cowboys first 3 picks if they ended up like this mock.

18. Dallas Cowboys (9-7)
Top five needs: FS, OT, OG, DC, NT
The pick: Manny Lawson, DE/LB, NC State
The Cowboys could go in a number of directions with this pick, but Lawson would be the top option in this scenario. The combination of Lawson and DeMarcus Ware, last year's top pick, would be frightening for opposing quarterbacks.
Other scenarios:
• Trade down, targeting offensive line and safety at a better value.
• Select Wimbley here.
• Select Whitner here.
• Select Allen here.

49. Dallas Cowboys
+Ko Simpson, DS, South Carolina

80. Dallas Cowboys
Jonathan Scott, OT, Texas

150. Dallas Cowboys
Kevin Boothe, OG, Cornell

182. Dallas Cowboys (from Philadelphia)
Johnny Jolly, DT, Texas A&M

224. Dallas Cowboys
Jeff King, TE, Virginia Tech

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
ljs44 said:
I'd be EXTREMELY happy with the Cowboys first 3 picks if they ended up like this mock.

18. Dallas Cowboys (9-7)
Top five needs: FS, OT, OG, DC, NT
The pick: Manny Lawson, DE/LB, NC State
The Cowboys could go in a number of directions with this pick, but Lawson would be the top option in this scenario. The combination of Lawson and DeMarcus Ware, last year's top pick, would be frightening for opposing quarterbacks.
Other scenarios:
• Trade down, targeting offensive line and safety at a better value.
• Select Wimbley here.
• Select Whitner here.
• Select Allen here.

49. Dallas Cowboys
+Ko Simpson, DS, South Carolina

80. Dallas Cowboys

150. Dallas Cowboys
Kevin Boothe, OG, Cornell

182. Dallas Cowboys (from Philadelphia)
Johnny Jolly, DT, Texas A&M

224. Dallas Cowboys
Jeff King, TE, Virginia Tech

Not bad at all...but we would still be razor thin at wideout

Murph80

Reaction score
We can pick up a WR in FA after June cuts. To get us by this year but next years draft we need to find a WR.

Reaction score
ljs44 said:

80. Dallas Cowboys

so sould i.

is there a chance scott will be there at 80???

Tobal

Reaction score
The big bonus in that drat would be that we picked up Jolly that late... I was figuring he might go in round 4.

I love this draft, you could put in Carpenter or Wimbley and I'd feel the same about it.

sago1

Reaction score
Scott has been sliding down the draft probably because of his perceived lack of strength (can be dealt with in our offseason weight conditioning program in 07). In fact Gosselin lists him as only 98th best out of 100 top players. Other OTs who might be available when we draft at 80th are Andrew Whitworth (71), Jeremy Trueblood (77) & Ryan O'Callaghan (83). I've read that Scott can play both LT/RT in NFL ; don't know if same applies to the other 3 OTs. Think we should get an OT who can play both positions. Scott is also a L/S which could save us a position that can be used elsewhere as needed.