News: ESPN: Jameis Winston on Cowboys: 'We play the game for games like this'

NewsBot

Reaction score
TAMPA, Fla. -- Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston understands the hype. His 8-5 Bucs head to Jerry World to take on the 11-2 Dallas Cowboys in a rare prime-time matchup Sunday. The Bucs are on a five-game winning streak and are fighting for a shot at the playoffs, either via a division title or a wild-card spot. A lot is at stake.

"We play the game for games like this -- the ability to control our destiny, the ability to be on the stage of 'Sunday Night Football' -- that's one of the reasons why people enjoy this game," Winston said. "But my mentality [is], we're just trying to go 1-0."

"The bigger picture is having another 'W' in the win column for us," Winston said. "Not taking anything away from the Cowboys because they are a prestigious franchise and they're having a great season this year, but we have to focus on the Bucs, man. ... We have to continue to play like we've been playing and just put a 'W' in that win column."

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Are you guaranteeing a win Jameis? I see bulletin board material. Let's get these Cowboys riled up...over nothing.. So that you get the L you so righteously deserve.
Wow. WG.....a surprising burst of emotion. I..don't know how to act.
Kick ***!!! I like this.....

Oh yeah...... your on the stage because of the Cowboys, Jameis. Know that.

The Natural

Reaction score
Fantastic young player. Really hope we beat their *** Sunday night though. Just once I would like to see this team take a match up personal. I know Dak and Zeke weren't around last year, but most of this team was and TB is a game we should've won. Beat the brakes off of them.

romothesavior

Reaction score
Are you guaranteeing a win Jameis? I see bulletin board material. Let's get these Cowboys riled up...over nothing.. So that you get the L you so righteously deserve.
I don't see anything wrong with his comments. Not sure it qualifies as "bulletin board material."

But I agree, let's put a whooping on them.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Glad this game is at home now that we are getting the Home Field advantage back.

The crowd should be electric.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't see anything wrong with his comments. Not sure it qualifies as "bulletin board material."

But I agree, let's put a whooping on them.
There was nothing wrong with his comments. I just needed to post something to bump the article up.

I thought this "Let's get these Cowboys riled up...over nothing" would've showed my sarcasm.

Proximo

Reaction score
Glad this game is at home now that we are getting the Home Field advantage back.

The crowd should be electric.

Definitely nice to see us back home.

Easy to forget our last home game was Thanksgiving, which will be damn near 4 weeks ago by the time we kick off on Sunday.

Certainly could've been a factor regarding our mediocre performances on offense recently, too.

Hoping to see a real nice bounce back.

robjay04

Reaction score
That is the unfortunate part.

Especially when they are doing well.

This isn't an excuse but all of the night games late in the season is a little annoying. This will be our fourth straight week being the only game on television. These extra prime time games just add extra pressure that other teams don't have to deal with for 5 of their last 6 games.

This is not an excuse, it's part of being a Cowboy.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
This isn't an excuse but all of the night games late in the season is a little annoying. This will be our fourth straight week being the only game on television. These extra prime time games just add extra pressure that other teams don't have to deal with for 5 of their last 6 games.

This is not an excuse, it's part of being a Cowboy.

Finish 4-12 and yet have the most prime time games the next year...Money ..money

I'm glad this one got flexed though...it would have been blacked out in my area at noon.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
We shouldn't need any bulletin board material. The Bucs need it more than us and they have already circled it as a big game.

We better bring our A game.