News: ESPN: Jason Garrett on Dak Prescott: He knows he has to get better

stiletto

Reaction score
Jason Garrett saying anyone but him needs to be better is laughable. How long do we have to feel like this?

starcity214

Reaction score
I agree on the Raiders and Seahawks games, his pick six againt Seattle is probably the worst pass he has ever thrown. But we still win that game if Dez doesn't fumble, same for the Rams game with Switzer's fumble - and Dak had a QBR of 94 in that game. The Philly game was meaningless and played in below freezing weather, Dak had a QBR of 85 and Nick Foles was much worse.

You are basically listing two games out of 32 starts. He definitely had issues last year and a Sophomore Slump, but so did Drew Brees.

2 bad games out of 32 start?

Really?

So the Giants game and Vikings game in 2016 didn't happen?

Dak was about to be benched his rookie year..

Not to mention how bad he looked in the season opener and if not for two "hail Mary" passes to Butler against Arizona, he would have played a terrible game..

Don't get me started on QBR... If it mattered , Alex Smith would be the highest paid QB in the league instead of teams getting rid of him.

You make it seem like Prescott was playing at an "All Star" level despite the fact that he has never thrown for more than 3 touchdowns or more than 310 yards in a game..

By all means, continue to live in your fantasy world..

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don;t think the situation is as dire as you illustrate it, here, even for Dak (though I've been critical of him in this thread). I understand the frustration (I'm living it, too, brother). But this team was 1 game away from qualifying for the playoffs in a season of nightmare scenarios regarding suspensions (don't forget Irving, too, not just Zeke), injuries, and straight bad luck. Coaching also played a role, as they get no pass with me either. But, if I'm being candid, this team's arrow is way more on the upswing than the down. I won't ask you to be patient because we've all been WAY too patient over the last 23 years but, in general, I like the way this team is trending (regardless of my criticism/cynicism).

My Cowboy brother i hope your right as the STAR above all.....Go Boys!!!!

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
What in the bloody hell are you talking about? He finished in the top 5 for league mvp in '16 and was fine in '17 until the wheels came off the offense.
Dak isn’t Romo so Pappy has hated Dak from the very beginning. We have a few people from the DC.com boards who have always hated Dak, even before Romo could have come back, because other posters wanted Dak to remain the starter. No use debating with them. They have a clear agenda to continue hating Dak and that won’t change.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What in the bloody hell are you talking about? He finished in the top 5 for league mvp in '16 and was fine in '17 until the wheels came off the offense.

You and all of us pretty much saw what im talking about last season...ok ok your a Dak lover its a free country and you have my respect but as much as you would like to sell us on Dak's unique stud abilities you forget we have eyes and the only thing that was visible was Dak's numerous short comings at QB and it got bad real bad like 7 games without a TD and 15 Q of offense without a TD cost us the playoffs in fact and you keep trying to convince us we have a Franchise stud QB under center in Dak....enough said here ...he has this upcoming season to prove you right....lets hope you are!!!

But i highly doubt it!!!!

visionary

Reaction score
Clap, Clap, Clap, Everyday needs to be better than yesterday. Clap, Clap, Clap.

He's getting paid millions to be an incompetent spineless jellyfish so he has no incentive to change

Last edited:

mardwin

Reaction score
Him saying anyone needs to get better is the definition of pot calling the kettle black. Has this guy ever in his career taken responsibility for anything?

He has full latitude by the front office, no need to be accountable for messing up.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Play calling, play design , and game plans can make a quarterback look good or bad .

that's what Jason doesn't seem to understand.
I would like to see dak call his own plays at least and preferably be designing them

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I never hated Romo i just feel those 2 are the embodiment of Mediocrity. Just need Jerry to die now.i]

It's also amazing to me that people can worship an above average QB.
If Jerry dies Stephen will take over and he's basically the same and just as bad as his daddy nothing much will change Stephen is basically running the show right now anyway.
Romo was stuck with Garrett his whole career, that's why he didn't win more.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I wonder if Jason Garrett knows Jason Garrett needs to get a LOT better?

http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cow...on-dak-prescott-he-knows-he-has-to-get-better

To say anything negative about Garrett regarding this interview and anything he said in it is mindnumbingly stupid. I mean if you guys want to attack Garrett then go for it but to attack him for this is absolutely ridiculous. Everything quoted in that article is absolutely correct and not critical - it is just natural player development talk. He was asked questions and answered them.

We had this exact same stupid thread a month ago..........

Whyjerry

Reaction score
To say anything negative about Garrett regarding this interview and anything he said in it is mindnumbingly stupid. I mean if you guys want to attack Garrett then go for it but to attack him for this is absolutely ridiculous. Everything quoted in that article is absolutely correct and not critical - it is just natural player development talk. He was asked questions and answered them.

We had this exact same stupid thread a month ago..........

Well move on then. I thought the article was interesting so I shared. Does Garrett not need to improve? When you get done cutting his lawn let me know what you think.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Well move on then. I thought the article was interesting so I shared. Does Garrett not need to improve? When you get done cutting his lawn let me know what you think.

That is probably a good paying job. Did the reporter ask Garrett that question? Does anyone know of an article where he was asked that question and he answered that he did not? Somehow you guys are making an argument that Garrett does not think he needs to improve because he said that a player does. What kind of logic is that?

starcity214

Reaction score
LOL! Dak had the best rookie season of any QB in history.

You mean the world where Dak played in the Pro Bowl last year?

You know, I don't know why I bother...

RG3 came into the league and had almost identical stats to Prescott. Where is he now?

"RG3 ran a gimmick offense and got figured out"

And here we are.....going into Prescott's third year and he wants to run a "gimmick high school offense"

Also, how many top 10 rookie QBs (because that is who usually end up starting as rookies) went to a team with the best running back in the league , best O Line in the league , and a run first team?

Can you list them? I'll wait....

Prescott's only job as a rookie was to not "lose the game"

That allowed him to constantly throw checkdowns and that allowed him to avoid taking risks Wich led to a high completion percentage and low INT count. What most people don't get Is that that style of play wasn't sustainable because it requires everything around your QB to be perfect if you want to win and as we saw last year, it rarely happens..