News: ESPN: Jason Witten and Bob Lilly share Cowboys bond

NewsBot

Reaction score
IRVING, Texas -- Jason Witten can't remember if it was assigned seating or just good fortune now. But as he sat down for dinner at AT&T Stadium after a practice that a number of Dallas Cowboys alumni attended a couple of years ago he was shoulder to shoulder with Mr. Cowboy, Bob Lilly.

Over the years, they have gotten to know each other. Witten has won the Bob Lilly Award, voted on by fans for sportsmanship, dedication, leadership and achievement, four times in his career.

Lilly joked how he has seen Witten's family grow over the years in which he has won the award, from just his wife, Michelle, in 2004, to the additions of his sons, C.J and Cooper, and daughters, Landry and Hadley, who was born last year.

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

bark

Reaction score
Never forget Lilly chasing griese around in the backfield in the Super Bowl and finally corralling him for about a 25 yd sack/loss.
And never forget the look of pure joy on his face in the locker room after that super bowl victory . Cigar in place

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Never forget Lilly chasing griese around in the backfield in the Super Bowl and finally corralling him for about a 25 yd sack/loss.
And never forget the look of pure joy on his face in the locker room after that super bowl victory . Cigar in place

f92e1357622aa6ecc1317198c3eba568.jpg

RS12

Reaction score

I still cant decide if that was the greatest play in Cowboys SB history. or Ken Norton's goal line stop of Kenneth Davis vs Buffalo. Too close to call.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I saw Lilly play most of his career, but I also see plenty of film on him. I'm a little surprised that Witten hasn't watched any film, but then...I guess I know that players aren't the same type of fans as we are.