News: ESPN: Jones brushes off reported rift with Snyder

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Obviously, Jerry is being careful not to aggravate a rift, even if there is one. It does sound like they were on friendly terms if their families vacationed together once upon a time. I won't pretend to know exactly what their thinking is, however. Thing can change, though. I'd just as soon choose to respect the privacy of their thoughts.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is the most interesting story in the NFL this year. Is Snyder on his way out?

terra

Reaction score
With very rare exceptions when you are at the level both Snyder and Jones are as regards wealth you really do not have true friends; you have acquaintances.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Who wanna bet Jerry and Synder ( and several other owners) have exchanged multiple phone calls since the report? Billionaires stick together to protect their money, especially over a bunch of hearsay.

stuckindc

Reaction score
Obviously, Jerry is being careful not to aggravate a rift, even if there is one. It does sound like they were on friendly terms if their families vacationed together once upon a time. I won't pretend to know exactly what their thinking is, however. Thing can change, though. I'd just as soon choose to respect the privacy of their thoughts.
That would be a massive bridge for Snyder to burn. JJ has supported him throughout and now he’s gonna try to use info against Jerry. Not a smart move. I can only imagine what Jerry would do with his money and power for retaliation.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
That would be a massive bridge for Snyder to burn. JJ has supported him throughout and now he’s gonna try to use info against Jerry. Not a smart move. I can only imagine what Jerry would do with his money and power for retaliation.

True enough, although, he seems to favor taking the high road, when he could easily do otherwise. ;)

dogberry

Reaction score
Didn’t San Francisco turn its team over to the sister?

Forcing an owner to sell isn’t a tax free event?

stuckindc

Reaction score
True enough, although, he appears to choose taking the high road, when he could easily do otherwise. ;)
Yes. I’m sure there were some back Chanel conversions between the two. JJ can make things disappear if need be. But Snyder is a sneaky one and if he had PI’s following owners for dirt. Wow. Could get very interesting. He would essentially cause some very powerful owners/ people to align against him. That could be career suicide

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Didn’t San Francisco turn its team over to the sister?

Forcing an owner to sell isn’t a tax free event?
San Francisco was still supportive of Debartolo family because of all the success they had. I’m not sure we’d see similar support for Snyder family continuing ownership.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It would have to be approved by the league. My hunch would be if they oust Daniel, they wouldn’t allow his wife to take over.

Knew you were going to say this (lol) but didn't the 49ers have a similar situation when they oust DeBartolo? After all, his wife is not accused of anything.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Not just Jerry....

Unless it's tied to fixing games and/or gambling or sexual assualt/ rape, I suspect NFL owners and the league could survive any other scandal... especially if it involves consensual infidelity...owners are above reproach for that.