News: ESPN: Jones brushes off reported rift with Snyder

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Knew you were going to say this (lol) but didn't the 49ers have a similar situation when they oust DeBartolo? After all, his wife is not accused of anything.
Yes but the reasons for ousting are different and there was much admiration for DeBartolo family in SF and around the NFL with the success they had . Eddie didn’t make any enemies within his peers .

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Yes. I’m sure there were some back Chanel conversions between the two. JJ can make things disappear if need be. But Snyder is a sneaky one and if he had PI’s following owners for dirt. Wow. Could get very interesting. He would essentially cause some very powerful owners/ people to align against him. That could be career suicide

Snyder has left himself extremely vulnerable for one who has been in such a high position of responsibility. Seeing as how that's the case, one would think he'd be more careful with the steps he takes. Like many of those who have been entrusted with high positions, he almost seems intent upon self-destructing.

False pride can easily turn out to be a fatal flaw for anyone in such a vulnerable position. Conversely, they both likely know enough to cause some troubling embarrassment. I would think they'd both do well to avoid being carelessly critical of one another. Jerry surely hasn't been a saint in his personal life, either.

Last edited:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
make them fight it out in the ring. The old possum might be able to take the young weasel.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
@Hawkeye0202
Also worth noting in any comparisons with DeBartolo is Eddie had an option to take ownership back after one year but decided to transfer over to his sister , not his wife. Not sure it’s a comparable scenario with Snyder?

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Yes but the reasons for ousting are different and there was much admiration for DeBartolo family in SF and around the NFL with the success they had . Eddie didn’t make any enemies within his peers .

Except when they realized he cheated to win their last Super Bowl. Can't imagine they were too happy with that.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

+1 but honestly, I'm not sure they forced him to sell w/o a messy drawn-out court fight.

dreghorn2

Reaction score
I didn’t realize those accusations were confirmed?

Jim Drunkenmiller showed up in Jed Yorks office looking for the under the table money Eddie promised.

York freaked out and went to the League to report the cheating and the 49ers were fined and lost draft picks. There were three other players involved including Steve Young. They needed money to slide Deion under the cap.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...ffenses/06bcf515-bd0a-4be5-87ac-cb56782b645a/

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jim Drunkenmiller showed up in Jed Yorks office looking for the under the table money Eddie promised.

York freaked out and went to the League to report the cheating and the 49ers were fined and lost draft picks. There were three other players involved including Steve Young. They needed money to slide Deion under the cap.
Thanks for info. I guess I’d forgotten about that.

dreghorn2

Reaction score
The Broncos did the same thing when they won during Elways run.

I will never respect those franchises winning in that manner during those Super Bowls.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
+1 but honestly, I'm not sure they forced him to sell w/o a messy drawn-out court fight.
Depends what they have on him. It was an easy process when NBA ousted Sterling which he resisted initially until the vote came which in NFL only takes 75% of the owners I believe .

The league might even assist in finding a buyer. Which they’d have to approve of course.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Depends what they have on him. It was an easy process when NBA ousted Sterling which he resisted initially until the vote came which in NFL only takes 75% of the owners I believe .

The league might even assist in finding a buyer. Which they’d have to approve of course.

The fact Debartolo could have returned to the 49er after his punishment mean the NFL has NEVER forced an owner to sell their team. I'm not sure Snyder's issues are strong enough for a court battle. They have already punished him for workplace issues and financial improprieties are just allegations, nothing is proven.

All I could find....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Snyder
Workplace culture[edit]
In July 2020, The Washington Post published a series of articles alleging that over 40 women who were former employees of the organization, including office workers and cheerleaders, had been sexually harassed and discriminated against by Snyder and other male executives, colleagues, and players of the team since at least 2006.[58][59] That December, it was also reported that Snyder had settled a sexual harassment claim with a former female employee for a sum of $1.6 million. The alleged incident had occurred on his private plane while returning from the Academy of Country Music Awards in 2009. Two private investigations at the time, by the team and an outside law firm, failed to substantiate the woman's claim, with it being reported that Snyder paid the sum to avoid any negative publicity.[60]

A year-long independent investigation into the team's workplace culture, led by lawyer Beth Wilkinson, was concluded in July 2021.[61][62] It found that incidents of sexual harassment, bullying, and intimidation were commonplace throughout the organization under his ownership.[62] The NFL fined the team $10 million in response, with Snyder also voluntarily stepping down from running the team's day-to-day operations for a few months, giving those responsibilities to his wife Tanya.[62] On July 28, 2022, Snyder voluntarily testified before the United States House Committee on Oversight and Reform regarding its own investigation on Washington's history of workplace misconduct.[63][64]

Financial improprieties[edit]
In March 2021, reports surfaced that Snyder may have intentionally under reported ticket sales to the NFL and IRS in order to pay a smaller share into the NFL's Visiting Team Fund, allowing him to keep more of the ticket revenue than he otherwise would. On April 12, 2022, the House Oversight Committee sent a letter to the Federal Trade Commission alleging Snyder had been keeping two separate financial ledgers since at least 2012: one that he would submit to the NFL and one that showed the actual numbers, which were much different. Congress also alleged that Snyder would drive up prices by selling cheaper tickets in bulk to third party vendors, causing the remaining tickets to become far more expensive. This would in turn force fans who wanted to attend games at Fedex Field to either join an expensive waiting list or buy expensive tickets.[65]