News: ESPN: Judge orders Sherman's release without bail

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yAQP4Vy-_400x400.jpg

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
They dont go to someones house , or a place they dont live, and try to kick in the front door.
Just imagine what he might have done had he got in!
also not too bright, much easier to go in thru a window lol.

Just stop ........

The judge noted that Sherman has never been in trouble with the law before and has a long track record of working in his community.

“I see Mr. Sherman is a pillar in this community, he’s a business owner, he’s a husband, he’s a father,” the judge said, via Amy Dash. “I’m gonna release Mr. Sherman.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
In February -

“In February, King County prosecutors and the sheriff obtained an "extreme risk protection order'' for Sherman, which barred him from having guns after a judge determined he posed a danger to himself or others. Details of the case were sealed, and it was not immediately clear whether any weapons had been seized from him.”

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31828497/prosecutors-hand-five-charges-richard-sherman

A lot of mental illnesses present themselves in ones late 20’s or 30’s, and I’m wondering if that’s the case with Sherman.

Jipper

Reaction score
I hope he gets the help he needs, that video was very unsettling....

Just makes you wonder if the brain injuries and impacts from a brutal sport are ruining many of these players lives post football.

His statement seemed to indicate that he was aware he is having mental health issues.

lukin2006

Reaction score
He's definitely navigating through some extremely serious issues and he's not doing it in a way that's beneficial to anybody, much less himself.
I wonder if CTE might be involved.
This is how Junior Seau's downward spiral began.
That's a great point about CTE...they are finding it in younger athletes now...

I think Sherman is a young man suffering mentally and may not know why...I hope he gets help. At this point, football should be secondary.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He needs help, it is apparent he is in pain and he's crying out for help. Big tough football players aren't supposed to have emotional/mental issues and I have been glad players like Prescott have broached this subject.

The public thinks these guys have it made and we express shock when guys like Morrison, Cobain, Cornell, Hutchence and Pennington take their own lives after arriving at the top and achieving what they set out to do.

They need to get Sherman help immediately before it's too late.

Praxit

Reaction score
....looks to be liquor loaded. Walking side to side. Other than that, nothing wrong here, just a human upset about something. No guns, bats, machetes, knifes..etc.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Sherman was unsigned so it’s obvious teams already didn’t have much interest in him. When everyone is well into training camp and preseason he’ll be having a court date. With all his issues coupled with his advancing age he definitely won’t be playing this season and is likely done. Tough way to go out.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Sherman was unsigned so it’s obvious teams already didn’t have much interest in him. When everyone is well into training camp and preseason he’ll be having a court date. With all his issues coupled with his advancing age he definitely won’t be playing this season and is likely done. Tough way to go out.

He already said he only wanted to play a couple more years. I'm guessing he'll now take time and get life in order.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He already said he only wanted to play a couple more years. I'm guessing he'll now take time and get life in order.

With all the issues he’s admitted he’s dealing with he won’t get a couple of more years. Once he gets through his legal problems which may take a while he’ll be facing a league suspension. No team is going to want to take on him and his baggage.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yeah! you see Kraft trying to enter his inlaws house half-drunk every other year shouting at his wife. old foggie.

Bigdog

Reaction score
He needs help, it is apparent he is in pain and he's crying out for help. Big tough football players aren't supposed to have emotional/mental issues and I have been glad players like Prescott have broached this subject.

The public thinks these guys have it made and we express shock when guys like Morrison, Cobain, Cornell, Hutchence and Pennington take their own lives after arriving at the top and achieving what they set out to do.

They need to get Sherman help immediately before it's too late.
Agree but only if wants it. It is easy to say but the person himself/herself has to realize it. Denial is a defense mechanism that is strong to overcome for some.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
He's definitely navigating through some extremely serious issues and he's not doing it in a way that's beneficial to anybody, much less himself.
I wonder if CTE might be involved.
This is how Junior Seau's downward spiral began.
I don't know. Seems like it's behavioral to me.