ESPN: KC Joyner on Romo

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Sam (Los Angeles): KC, how did Tony Romo do last year based on your numbers? How do you see him doing/improving this year? Thanks

sn2.gif
KC Joyner: (4:40 PM ET ) Romo had fantastic metrics last year. He was top 5 in many categories. If he gets over the bobble (and I think he will), he's a Pro Bowl QB again in 2007.

GlitzCowboy

Reaction score
..If he stays with Carrie Underwood, he's Pro Bowl QB next year.

Her fans would come out of the woodwork just to vote. Nearby proof if he has a lowsy year ahead and still gets in. The fan segmant of the pro bowl ballot is really laughable. Matt Lienhart will probably be standing right next to him too- half a million voters hoping to see a Paris Hilton sighting.

Really between her and the visible team he plays for, he doesn't have to be that good to get in the pro bowl, not at all. KC really jumped out on a limb here, journalistically. Tomorrow: "Chances the Sky is blue on Monday."

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
GlitzCowboy;1503920 said:
Really between her and the visible team he plays for, he doesn't have to be that good to get in the pro bowl, not at all.

The coaches and players count for two-thirds of the vote, so even winning the fan vote won't get you there unless the coaches and players also put you near the top of the list.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AdamJT13;1503944 said:
The coaches and players count for two-thirds of the vote, so even winning the fan vote won't get you there unless the coaches and players also put you near the top of the list.
I believe TO is a classic example of that.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I hope that fans of the team and members of this board are willing to sit through a couple of games similar to the eagles game last year and the detroit game.

He is still a young qb, learning the nfl game.

I cant wait to watch him play this season. If our defense is aggressive and can hit the qb, we will have a much higher number of turnovers, which will lead to scoring opportunities.

Romo to witten will become a standard setter around here I have a feeling like aikman to irvin is.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
theebs;1503956 said:
I hope that fans of the team and members of this board are willing to sit through a couple of games similar to the eagles game last year and the detroit game.

He is still a young qb, learning the nfl game.

I cant wait to watch him play this season. If our defense is aggressive and can hit the qb, we will have a much higher number of turnovers, which will lead to scoring opportunities.

Romo to witten will become a standard setter around here I have a feeling like aikman to irvin is.
Romo was the only player on the field that showed up to play in that Eagles game. And he led two 4th quarter drives (one to take the lead and the other to fall inches short of winning the game) in the Detroit game. If we get that Romo, I'll be pretty happy. If we get the rest of the team from those two games it'll be a long season.