News: ESPN: McCarthy says better days ahead for Cowboys

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
We gave JG how many years?
So we should already be conditioned, and we judge MM after 1 year?
2020, the worst year ever, and we are so quick to judge MM.

Most coaches who are going to win Super Bowls, especially in this era, do it in five years. I know many fans are bailing on McCarthy because of how the team has played this year, but there are many reasons for how the team has played, and yes, not coaching well through adversity is one of them.

What I expect is improvement (and that shouldn't be hard based on this season). If the team is healthy next year, I expect them to contend for the NFC East title. If McCarthy can't do that with the offensive players he should have returning, then he'll have proven that he's not the coach that we need. The next year, he has to make the playoffs. That buys him another year to put it all together and win, and another year if we make a run toward a title, which would include making the NFC Championship Game.

Fans are drawing conclusions about him this year just because we've sucked for various reasons. I think it's short-sighted, but he needs to hit those benchmarks I laid out to continue to get the chance to prove he can win a Super Bowl here.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
McCarthy says better days ahead for Cowboys

i

Mike McCarthy says the 3-9 Cowboys clearly aren't where they intended to be, but "this is not where we're going to stay."

Read Full Story
But first, a word from our alternate sponsors...
giphy.gif

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score

i

Mike McCarthy says the 3-9 Cowboys clearly aren't where they intended to be, but "this is not where we're going to stay."

Read Full Story
Of coarse there will be better days ahead - his new massage table was just delivered...

eromeopolk

Reaction score

i

Read Full Story
Sounds like a quitter. Tank alert,Tank alert,Tank alert. To have Jerry Jones select another WR.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
I agree with meat head Mike , he’ll eventually be fired and that will definitely be a better day .

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Too late to try to win now. You will hurt the team more by winning than by losing.

The season is lost. There is no way to make the playoffs this year. You can help the team better by losing out and solidifying that 3rd overall pick (which you can either use to draft a pick, or use it to trade down several spots while picking up several more early rounds draft picks), than by winning a game or two which will only hurt your draft status.

Swallow your pride. Tank these last 4 guys. That's the best thing you can do now. We won't hold it against you.

CWR

Reaction score
Blibidey bla bla bla, talk, talk, talk

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Great MM, thanks....that's a load off of my mind... I was beginning to think we were going to stink for a while. Super glad he has this football thing figured out now. :thumbup:

cowboyed

Reaction score
We gave JG how many years?
So we should already be conditioned, and we judge MM after 1 year?
2020, the worst year ever, and we are so quick to judge MM.

I think McCarthy, his picked coaching staff, Jerry and Stephen were too ambitious and misjudged the impact of this pandemic season and obviously could not foresee the continuous injury carnage on our team.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I think McCarthy, his picked coaching staff, Jerry and Stephen were too ambitious and misjudged the impact of this pandemic season and obviously could not foresee the continuous injury carnage on our team.

Mike and his buddies have been a disaster.

injuries and COVID have nothing do with the terrible coaching.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I mean Jimmy Johnson promised big things in 1989 after going 1-15 and people thought he was full of it.