ESPN: Mid Season All Pro Team

theanimal23

Reaction score

baj1dallas

Reaction score
he sure has come a long way, so much fewer mistakes it's almost like he's a different player.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
baj1dallas;1751058 said:
he sure has come a long way, so much fewer mistakes it's almost like he's a different player.

I re-watched (I believe it was Jones' TD run) and Andre's quickness and effectiveness at turning his guy to the right and completely out of the play made me say "WOW".

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Could that kick to the head have given him some sort of reverse brain damage?

Kinda like when Fred Flinstone would get hit on the head and become a pro at something?

:D

rlgiv

Reaction score
He was playing at an all pro level last year as well. I remember the year befor that though he was not even active for every game.

bobtheflob

Reaction score
Dr. Z did his own All-Pro list today. Not only did no Cowboys make it, none were even mentioned as possibilities at any positions.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I thought he played very well last year as well. Why is he a different player from a few years ago? I'd say it's the fact that he's older, he's finally settled into a position and we removed guys like Larry Allan and Torrin Tucker.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1751112 said:
I thought he played very well last year as well. Why is he a different player from a few years ago? I'd say it's the fact that he's older, he's finally settled into a position and we removed guys like Larry Allan and Torrin Tucker.

It's not like I'm a pro scout or anything but I think only one time this year I even noticed a bad play by him whereas it seems like he used to have his share of missed blocks or penalties etc.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
baj1dallas;1751133 said:
It's not like I'm a pro scout or anything but I think only one time this year I even noticed a bad play by him whereas it seems like he used to have his share of missed blocks or penalties etc.

He was a pretty good player at Colorado and honestly thought he would come in and settle right in when we drafted him. It's taken some time but he seems like he's finally figured it out. I think the players playing around him are also pretty key. I do agree with you though. He's really stepped it up these last two seasons.

Green28

Reaction score
Would you look at that?!

Free safety
Sean Taylor, Washington Commanders

Reasoning: The addition of first-round strong safety LaRon Landry has permitted Taylor to back off the line of scrimmage and display his ball-hawking skills. He has five interceptions and nine passes defensed while demonstrating great range, but he is still a big hitter and has 38 tackles.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Teague31;1751177 said:
where is Dware? and witten for that matter.

Remember in 1992 the Pro bowl announcement is made as always before the end of the season and 0 defensive players where named to the Pro Bowl for the Cowboys and how that really helped put a chip on those guys shoulders and how they went out and started crushing teams. ESPN and all these mid season awards can continue to snub members of this team because in the end I think it is the bigger motivator for a player who thinks he belongs but is left out.

bobtheflob

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1751180 said:
Remember in 1992 the Pro bowl announcement is made as always before the end of the season and 0 defensive players where named to the Pro Bowl for the Cowboys and how that really helped put a chip on those guys shoulders and how they went out and started crushing teams. ESPN and all these mid season awards can continue to snub members of this team because in the end I think it is the bigger motivator for a player who thinks he belongs but is left out.

I remember that. I remember listening to a sermon at church that revolved around that. Only in Texas...

JPM

Reaction score
bobtheflob;1751079 said:
Dr. Z did his own All-Pro list today. Not only did no Cowboys make it, none were even mentioned as possibilities at any positions.
Don't forget the [FONT=&quot]mandatory [/FONT]the Giants were getting used to a new defense in the first game quote in his picks section.

How good are the Giants? I guess we'll find out this Sunday when they host Dallas. The two met in the opener when the Giants were getting used to a new defensive system, and Dallas laid 45 points on them. But this is a different New York team, with a scary pack of four speed rushers who can wear down the massive Cowboys linemen. Giants win it in an upset.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Green28;1751170 said:
Would you look at that?!

Free safety
Sean Taylor, Washington Commanders

Reasoning: The addition of first-round strong safety LaRon Landry has permitted Taylor to back off the line of scrimmage and display his ball-hawking skills. He has five interceptions and nine passes defensed while demonstrating great range, but he is still a big hitter and has 38 tackles.

I have been quite impressed with Taylor this year, on and off the field. Congrats.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
JPM;1751216 said:
Don't forget the [FONT=&quot]mandatory [/FONT]the Giants were getting used to a new defense in the first game quote in his picks section.

This is the game the Cowboys play smash mouth and pound the Giants on the ground before airing it out.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gurode is probably the most improved player form last year IMO.

2much2soon

Reaction score
Sarge;1751241 said:
Gurode is probably the most improved player form last year IMO.

thought I heard somewhere Gurode has one of the highest IQs on the team? That and the fact he has all the physical skills kept him around until he came into his own.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
I think that not having to call the line adjustments (romo) has helped and I think that having a competent guard (Davis) has helped...it allows him to concentrate on what he does best