ESPN Mosley: Bryant: Attention on NFC East 'sickening'

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
December 4, 2008 1:12 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Pat Yasinskas

TAMPA, Fla. -- Buccaneers wide receiver Antonio Bryant just echoed the sentiments of many NFC South fans, who've been saying the division gets slighted by the national media in favor of the NFC East.

"It's sickening because they look for any little thing," said Bryant, who previously played for the Dallas Cowboys. "For instance, they look for the Pacman [Jones] situation and everything with that. They try to find positives with things and negatives with things and look for anything and nitpick about it when you've got Tampa Bay over here second in the NFC and nobody's really acknowledging that."

But Bryant said that's not necessarily a bad thing.

"It's cool," Bryant said. "As the season goes along, more and more teams begin to be eliminated and their opportunity to further along their season dwindles, then we're going to have to deal with some type of attention, so all we can do is play hard, play football and continue to find ways to win games."

Note from Mosley: If Bryant hadn't thrown a sweaty jersey onto Bill Parcells' head a few years ago, he could've remained part of the Cowboys circus. And don't you just feel awful for guys like Bryant who have to play in divisions that don't receive a great deal of national attention. If not for Yasinskas, we wouldn't even realize that the Bucs were 9-3 and fighting for a division crown.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Antonio Bryant, NFC South, NFC East

Read comments or leave a comment

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Awwwwww....poor Bryant. :cry:

Not really sure why anyone would actually WANT the attention we get.

Psstt...Bryant. You might be second in the NFC, but we kicked your butt. ;)

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Is it cool or is it sickening?
Bi-polar goof ball.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2460858 said:
"It's cool," Bryant said. "As the season goes along, more and more teams begin to be eliminated and their opportunity to further along their season dwindles, then we're going to have to deal with some type of attention, so all we can do is play hard, play football and continue to find ways to win games."

Unless, you know, you're playing the Brad Johnson-led Cowboys. Then you find ways to lose.

It will be a crime if this team makes the playoffs and we don't. But glad to know his focus it where it should be. :laugh2:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Bucc's are not a good team. A solid defense but that 9-3 record.....I have a hard time seeing them as a 9-3 team. I just can't wait for the Falcons, Panthers and/or Falcons to fold. Every week I wait and they still win.

The Panch

Reaction score
How bout they try beating a team above .500 on the road? Something not a single team in the NFC South has done to this point, including three losses against the NFC East with the most dominant team in that division, the Bucs, losing to the Boys with Brad Johnson.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
rocyaice;2460880 said:
Bucc's are not a good team. A solid defense but that 9-3 record.....I have a hard time seeing them as a 9-3 team. I just can't wait for the Falcons, Panthers and/or Falcons to fold. Every week I wait and they still win.

Yeah, and it's not like they have the most difficult schedules in the world -- luckily, there are some head-to-head matchups in there, but I tend to agree with those who think we need to go 3-1. If we do, I feel pretty confident in our chances, anything less than that and we're walking the edge.

I think we should go 4-0 and end this charade. If anyone can, WE CAN! :laugh2:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Wait didn't we beat Tampa? Oh, yes, we did. Who cares about Tampa and the NFC South. Keep crying Bryant, keep crying.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Here is another difference in addition to what everybody else has said.
NFC South markets: Tampa, Atlanta, Charlotte, New Orleans
NFC East markets: New York, Philadelphia, Dallas, Washington D.C.

There is a reason why the attention is lopsided. Even when the division is bad they get more press than the majority of the other divisions. Not to mention these are four of the largest fanbases in the entire NFL.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
tomson75;2460862 said:
Awwwwww....poor Bryant. :cry:

Not really sure why anyone would actually WANT the attention we get.

Psstt...Bryant. You might be second in the NFC, but we kicked your butt. ;)
with Brad Johnson at qb. maybe that's why nobody takes them seriously.