ESPN Mosley: The NFC Beast Rankings (Dallas #3)

Sonny#9

Reaction score
Phoward12;2313007 said:
You should be giving Campbell respect in return.

That would require certain posters around here to actually watch a game that Dallas isn't playing in, and be objective when they do it. Neither is very likely.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Sonny#9;2313180 said:
That would require certain posters around here to actually watch a game that Dallas isn't playing in, and be objective when they do it. Neither is very likely.

campbell has played well this year, and you guys look to have a team, good luck with the rest of the year, except against us.

I want to slaughter a healthy skins team in the playoffs.

Sonny#9

Reaction score
stealth;2313186 said:
campbell has played well this year, and you guys look to have a team, good luck with the rest of the year, except against us.

I want to slaughter a healthy skins team in the playoffs.

We'll see what happens -- I still think they'll lay an egg in the next three weeks. Most likely against Cleveland.

But next week should be a rout.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2312634 said:
Once you become a member of the ESPN staff, your IQ level and objectivity rating drops. .

Actually, the only requirement is a pulse.

MTCowboys88

cowboys3128
Reaction score
trickblue;2312614 said:
Yo Matt... check it out...

CIN 23 @ NYG 26 OT... but championship teams win with style I thought... :rolleyes:

I didn't like the effort yesterday either, but you have to come up with something better than that garbage. Obviously you are getting your bylines from ESPN...

:hammer: Exactly. He conveniently forgets this so he can further his argument in his favor. Are the Cowboys the only ones judged by style points? Apparently so with BSPN. Everyone else can win ugly and it's just fine. They've won "gut wrenching, hard fought victories". The Cowboys "struggle to put the lowly Bengals away." It's actually laughable.

His statement that championship teams win with style is a dumb statement to begin with. The Giants won a ton of ugly games last year against inferior opponents - 13-10 against Miami, 16-10 against Detroit, 35-24 at home against a horrible Jets team that we killed 34-3, 21-16 against A Bears team we beat 34-10. Pittsburgh won a ton of ugly games in '06 when they won it. Baltimore in '02.

We won the "style points" trophy early on last year - The Giants were winning ugly and won the Lombardi trophy. I think I'll take the Lombardi trophy.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Phoward12;2313007 said:
Before yesterday's game, Campbell had thrown 6 TD's in 4 games, which equates to 24 TD's over the season. True, he didn't throw one yesterday, but out next three games are against teams with atrocious secondaries. I'm pretty sure he'll get right back on pace, if not exceed it.

So yeah, 24 TD's and 3,400 yards isn't world-beating, but we have a good ground attack. And frankly, if he continues to not throw any intereceptions, then yes, that makes him pro-bowl worthy.

Romo is a good QB and is also Pro-Bowl worthy. He has 11 TD's and 5 Int's, which gives him what, +6 touchdowns, the same number as Campbell. Romo will make the Pro-Bowl barring a collapse, and I respect that. You should be giving Campbell respect in return.

I will say I have been a bit surprised by the play of Campbell. He has had some real pressure in his face and has yet to make the big mistakes. I think the running game has helped to take some of the pressure off his shoulders but he had been doing a good job thus far this season.

Sonny#9

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2313198 said:
I will say I have been a bit surprised by the play of Campbell. He has had some real pressure in his face and has yet to make the big mistakes. I think the running game has helped to take some of the pressure off his shoulders but he had been doing a good job thus far this season.

I think yesterday he played much better then the numbers showed. A lot of QBs would have collapsed. But Campbell showed a lot of poise.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Sonny#9;2313180 said:

Sonny you are better than this.

Leave the "they must be bandwagoners that dont watch other games if they dont agree with me" schtick for some of the trolls ok?

Sonny#9

Reaction score
BigDFan5;2313208 said:
Sonny you are better than this.

Leave the "they must be bandwagoners that dont watch other games if they dont agree with me" schtick for some of the trolls ok?

Is it ok to make fun of stupid posts?! :D

You're right -- some people just get under my skin!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Sonny#9;2313207 said:
I think yesterday he played much better then the numbers showed. A lot of QBs would have collapsed. But Campbell showed a lot of poise.

I did watch the Skins and Philly game. Bottom line was Campbell made no big mistakes which allowed the skins to continue running the game plan they wanted to. Portis did a very good job in the running game and the Skins defense was able to keep it close.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
The lower we're ranked, the less they will talk about us, we will feel like we have to fight every week, this is where I like being right now.

A lot of rookies played last night in the secondary, we gave them incredible experience and got away with it (by not losing) we are figuring out that MBIII and the cat are a dangerous one two punch, these things will gearing us up for the 2nd half of the season and the play offs.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Sonny#9;2313210 said:
Is it ok to make fun of stupid posts?! :D

You're right -- some people just get under my skin!

Oh make fun of anything you want, just wanted to tell you that you looked like tr1 for a minute there ;)

Sonny#9

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2313211 said:
I did watch the Skins and Philly game. Bottom line was Campbell made no big mistakes which allowed the skins to continue running the game plan they wanted to. Portis did a very good job in the running game and the Skins defense was able to keep it close.

Portis was an animal yesterday. Shredding the Philly D. That 4th down conversion to ice the game was just Randy Thomas, Casey Rabach and Clinton Portis having bigger balls then the Philly D-line.

And do I need to repeat my man crush on Randy Thomas? He is the most underrated lineman in the NFL. That is not an exaggeration.

pgreptom

Reaction score
jimnabby;2312740 said:
Sure there is:

The Giants, like all championship teams, embraced adversity against the Bengals and came away victorious.

The Cowboys, unlike championship teams, "struggled to put the lowly Bengals away."

Seems perfectly obvious to me.

Double standard at best.

You've GOT to love the media.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2312641 said:
I have no issue with the ESPN ranking of the East. Right now if you are being objective the Giants at 4-0 and the skins 4-1 coming off back to back road wins aginst division rivals should be ranked where they currently are. However ranking like BCS ranking in college at this time of the year mean nothing because they will change as the season moves forward.

TX_Yid;2312741 said:
The ranking might be right, but the reasoning is BS.

Right now the Giants are playing the best ball, the Commanders are looking tough and we have been a little inconsistent.

The BS ignoring the Giants only just escaping the Bengals last week and saying Campbell is pro-bowl bound because he hasn't thrown any Ints, is just that, BS.

I agree with you guys. I was thinking about this yesterday and, if I was ranking the teams, this is the order I would put them in right now after week 5. I expect things will change as we go forward.

Question: Where would 5-0 Tennessee fit in this group? I haven't watched any of their games so I can't evaluate them.