ESPN: NFL best pass rushers 1981 - 2022

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The absolute best starts with LT .........then there's everyone else

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...-belt-winners-bosa-watt-donald-strahan-taylor

Best NFL pass-rushers by year: Who owns the Championship Belt?​

i

1981-86: Lawrence Taylor, Giants

Taylor was both Defensive Rookie of the Year and Defensive Player of the Year in 1981, when he helped a Giants defense that had been 27th in points allowed jump to third in one season. He was Defensive Player of the Year again in 1982 and won the award again in 1986, becoming the second and most recent defender to win league MVP honors in the process.

To put Taylor's performance in context, I'll remind you of what coach Bill Belichick said about him in talking to ESPN's Mike Reiss: "I've been fortunate to coach a lot of great, great defensive players," Belichick said, "but when you talk about Lawrence Taylor, now that's a whole different conversation. I mean, honestly, he could have played any position on defense except corner. He probably could have played corner, too, but safety, linebacker, inside, outside, defensive end, defensive tackle. He played nose guard at North Carolina, so put him wherever you want."