ESPN on Dak: He's that guy

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Keep saying guys (gals), I think he's turned the corner and finally seeing/playing this game on a different level. In other words, I think it is for real this time.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39018632/dak-prescott-stays-hot-keeps-cowboys-rolling-seahawks

Dak Prescott stays hot, keeps Cowboys rolling against Seahawks​

ARLINGTON -- Dak Prescott is not going to get carried away with a fourth straight win or a late-game touchdown drive or three more scoring passes.

The Dallas Cowboys' 41-35 win against the Seattle Seahawks on Thursday night was just Prescott doing what he believes he should be doing.

"My expectations, honestly," Prescott said. "I put a lot in this game. I prepare my *** off. Got amazing coaches and players around me right now doing the exact same. So I just really think that's the expectations that I have for myself, the standard that we've created as an offense and how we're comfortable playing this game."

leicafan

Reaction score
Dak might be playing like an elite QB now. I was losing hopes for him that I think he doesn't have full understanding of all the game situations. But I will say this. Mike McCarthy has made Dak a better QB now. He now has controls on the game and he is confident too. His confidence comes from that he has figured out the game.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Dak played good in the first half but reverted to a bus driver in the 2nd half. I'm not sure why the effort is worthy of all the praise.

No big deal, though, they got a needed win.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I like the fact that Dak is throwing the ball downfield instead of just tossing the checkdown to his back like he was doing early in the season. He is also taking the sack or running instead of throwing into coverage and getting intercepted. I would rather see him throw it away than throw an int.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Dak played good in the first half but reverted to a bus driver in the 2nd half. I'm not sure why the effort is worthy of all the praise.

LOL

foofighters

Reaction score
Funny how the tune shifts.
It's how the media works. Nothing new here. The constant is Cowboys news (either way) generates clicks. ESPN goes out of their way to build up the Cowboys and then will immediately flip the switch and tear them down. Either way, fans come flocking with clicks. Just look at how many clips are posted here about how someone just can't believe what soandso said. It's all tuned to get clicks and we fall for it every time. It's why the only time I actually watch that channel (other than when the Cowboys have to play on MNF) is when I am sitting in the chair at Sports Clips and then I am quickly reminded why I dont watch all that garbage.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score

I don't know why you would call him a bus driver. The Cowboys scored 20 in the first half and 21 in the second half. The D was the letdown in this game. Dak and the rest of the offense did their job.

C'mon acr, give credit where credit is due.