News: Espn: Parson's gearing up for a year to remember

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
I just want him to take over games in the postseason. If adding a little more weight and strength to the equation helps him do that I'm all for it. Tearing it up during the season is great, but the name of the game is to make some noise and postseason.

Best of luck to him this upcoming season.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I just hope he has some help and they don't wear him out like last year. he got nicked and after a torrid start, cooled off as teams figured out, just take him out of the game and you tame the cowboys

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I just hope he has some help and they don't wear him out like last year. he got nicked and after a torrid start, cooled off as teams figured out, just take him out of the game and you tame the cowboys
I think the main thing that slowed him down was just being beat up. However, I do think we got into the habit too much of just lining him up at right end. He's at his best when the offense can't lock on to where he's going to end up. They should expect him to rush the passer, because that's what he should be doing 90 percent of the time, but he should be the main moving piece presnap.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I think the main thing that slowed him down was just being beat up. However, I do think we got into the habit too much of just lining him up at right end. He's at his best when the offense can't lock on to where he's going to end up. They should expect him to rush the passer, because that's what he should be doing 90 percent of the time, but he should be the main moving piece presnap.
Completley agree, this keeps them from runnning pulling gaurds and such at him all the time also.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Yeah I think too many snaps taking on 300 pound guys directly, but he was still highly productive. Maybe have him split half his time between dline and LB.

Praxit

Reaction score
.dang, does Miller look huge or what? Maybe its camera angle.

Why, talk about these matters with media idiots all around?

I would keep it in house. Or outside view.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yeah I think too many snaps taking on 300 pound guys directly, but he was still highly productive. Maybe have him split half his time between dline and LB.
I really like when we line him up at linebacker and then slide him up outside Lawrence before the snap. Puts a lot of pressure on that side of the offensive line. Not that we should do that every play, either, but just an example of what we can do with him. In that spot, either a tight end has to come over and block him, a back has to pick him up or they have to slide the protection wide, which creates some holes that can be exploited.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I really like when we line him up at linebacker and then slide him up outside Lawrence before the snap. Puts a lot of pressure on that side of the offensive line. Not that we should do that every play, either, but just an example of what we can do with him. In that spot, either a tight end has to come over and block him, a back has to pick him up or they have to slide the protection wide, which creates some holes that can be exploited.
Yep its rare to have a player with that size, speed, and position flex. He could probably everywhere but corner, lol.