News: ESPN: Payton 'absolutely' would consider Texans job

stinkface

Reaction score
Show me the money. PS. Also will draft a QB with the second pick in the draft.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
He'd be a fool not to take this job. They have the draft pick to ship to NO, and still have plenty of draft picks to get the QB they need. Plus they can round off the team with the rest of the picks they have and cap room.

The only other job that I would take is with the Chargers, but it is not open yet. That would be the best one if it comes open.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He would have full control over there for a rebuild along with many draft picks. One of the better situations IMO.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
That would be my guess as well. They will offer him longer contract, more money, more control, starting at ground zero and still in tax free Texas. Fool not to take it if he really wants to be back in coaching.

conner01

Reaction score
This is the best job IMO. Weak AFC South mostly and lots of money and draft picks. He’s made another QB that was under 6’ into a HOF, I’m sure he can take Bryce Young and turn him into something as well.
I don’t know if it’s the best but they have the ammo to build a team and that’s key. He could get a QB this year and start developing him
It’s certainly in the top few with no immediate pressure either. Plus cap spsce

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is the best job IMO. Weak AFC South mostly and lots of money and draft picks.
This is the correct answer!

Great pick, many extra picks, salary cap space, and honestly - the roster is better than most think.

If they work it right, I could see them winning their weak division next year.

conner01

Reaction score
Unless LAC comes available I’d say either Houston or Carolina are the best jobs out there.
LAC would be interesting for sure. A real solid roster and QB. One thing I’d consider if I was a coach is cap situations too. That is so important to building a team and a part of why he left the saints I think

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He must enjoy getting burned out.

conner01

Reaction score
This is the correct answer!

Great pick, many extra picks, salary cap space, and honestly - the roster is better than most think.

If they work it right, I could see them winning their weak division next year.
It’s a team you could build into a playoff team really quick with what they have in present talent, picks and cap space

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think coaching is a bit like playing. It’s hard to walk away from
He didn’t walk away from it. I would think he would like a better situation than coaching the Texans. Lovey Smith only lasted one season.

conner01

Reaction score
He didn’t walk away from it. I would think he would like a better situation than coaching the Texans. Lovey Smith only lasted one season.
He doesn’t have to go back is what I was talking about