News: ESPN: Payton interested in '23 NFL return for 'right' job

jnday

Reaction score
I have very little interest in Payton. I will not be fooled that a new coach will change things. I will not be fooled by the puppet master. Would McCarthy been my choice as coach? Not really. But I don't think he is awful. Until things change up top, not much will change here. Payton is a good coach. Great? Not sure. He had a good GM in New Orleans and had success. Not sure he would be much better than McCarthy here.
I think Payton is a better coach than MM, but my opinion is biased. I think that a slow moving tortoise has more energy than MM. I tend to agree with A. Rodgers when he said that MM had the lowest football IQ of any “ football guy” in the league.

hutch1254

Reaction score
"The most important element is functional ownership [and] front office ... because there's a handful of teams that aren't, and those teams, regardless of what takes place, they can win on Sunday but they have trouble winning long term," he said. "The opportunity to win consistently and the willingness to build the correct culture and all those things."

In other words, he's not coming to Dallas.
Exactly how I read that.

fredp22

Reaction score
NOone has asked one pretty obvious question- why arent you just returning to N.O.?
It checks all the boxes he stated and he built the team

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Quinn’s time as HC in Atlanta gets totally overlooked. He is a lot like Wade Phillips or Norv Turner, great at running one part of the team, but is horrible when trying to run the whole team.
I think he has evolved into a more hands on coach. If he can motivate the defense to go balls out and gang tackle there's no reason he cannot spread that attitude across the team.. good coaches evolve some do not. Hopefully we can use him on an interim basis.