ESPN Power Rankings has us behind only the Ravens and 49ers

coult44

Reaction score
Don’t agree.

Dolphins should be higher than us considering they did beat us. Buffalo as well despite them being 10-6.

We’re not the 3rd best team in my opinion but a lot of teams are meddling this year so I guess they had no other choice but to put us 3rd.
Miami’s entire team is injured since they played us and Baltimore.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
It’s a little bizarre to me.

But looking around the league, it’s hard to say it’s wrong.
Not really sure why it's bizarre. The Ravens and 49'ers are the only two teams with better records than us. We've beaten the Rams, Lions and Eagles, and I think we beat the Dolphins at home or on a neutral field.

CCBoy

Reaction score
For what it's worth? The Cowboys this year beat the Rams 43-20 and beat the Seahawks 41-35. And for what it's worth, too ... Dallas has won the last 16 at AT&T Stadium and, by winning Sunday, would be slated to play both of its first two playoff games at home ... and would therefore be favored to advance to the NFC Championship Game - at San Francisco.

Sorry if you guys think this is 'irreverent'...

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/podc...nent-seeds-schedule-podcast-green-bay-packers

Hadenough

Reaction score
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/pa...23-plus-biggest-contract-offseason-situations

I'm not sure we're the 3rd best team but we could probably beat any team besides those 2 at home. The road is a different story but same goes for some other teams.
Dallas is super lucky! Lions outplayed Cowboys. Had a 125 yards rushing and 295 yds passing. They owned time of possession. Dak has one big play to CD Lamb where he should of been sacked in 3 quarters of football. 2 turnovers each. Yeah I know Dallas deserves a call and I'll take it but I think the Lions are the balanced team and are better. Not sure Dallas beats them again. Definitely not in Detroit but thanks to that call a rematch would be in Dallas. Go Cowboys!!

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Not really sure why it's bizarre. The Ravens and 49'ers are the only two teams with better records than us. We've beaten the Rams, Lions and Eagles, and I think we beat the Dolphins at home or on a neutral field.
We just got beat by the dolphins who are also 11-5. And the Bills dismantled us only 3 Sundays ago.

Also the Browns are 11-5 and are surging.

I could argue that we’re better than those teams, but I’m surprised some media outlets feel that way.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Makes the Rams streak even more impressive given their only loss in 7 games was in OT at the Ravens.
Not really.

Seattle - Arizona - Cleveland - Washington - New Orleans - NY Giants

This isn't impressive.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Dallas is super lucky! Lions outplayed Cowboys. Had a 125 yards rushing and 295 yds passing. They owned time of possession. Dak has one big play to CD Lamb where he should of been sacked in 3 quarters of football. 2 turnovers each. Yeah I know Dallas deserves a call and I'll take it but I think the Lions are the balanced team and are better. Not sure Dallas beats them again. Definitely not in Detroit but thanks to that call a rematch would be in Dallas. Go Cowboys!!
There is almost too much nonsense in here to unpack.

First of all, DET got lucky with the CD fumble and the tripping call.

DAL had more total yards until the final drive.
DET had 30:26 TOP and was 4-13 on third down.

Detroit is lucky it wasn't a blowout, Dallas wasn't lucky to win.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
We just got beat by the dolphins who are also 11-5. And the Bills dismantled us only 3 Sundays ago.

Also the Browns are 11-5 and are surging.

I could argue that we’re better than those teams, but I’m surprised some media outlets feel that way.
And if we play those same teams at home and split? We’re better than Miami. I think we’re better than the Bills, but they beat us, so it is what it is. SF and the Ravens are clearly the best teams right now, but they’ve lost 4 and 3 respectively. I don’t think anyone is making the case that the teams that best them are better than they are.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
There is almost too much nonsense in here to unpack.

First of all, DET got lucky with the CD fumble and the tripping call.

DAL had more total yards until the final drive.
DET had 30:26 TOP and was 4-13 on third down.

Detroit is lucky it wasn't a blowout, Dallas wasn't lucky to win.
Had Lamb scored and it was a 14 to 3 game it was gonna be a blowout. No doubt in my mind. That’s the difference in a game fumbling like that can’t do it in the post season.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So are the Lions not lucky that Lamb fumbled in the end zone?