ESPN Radio: Eagles Buckhalter out for the season...

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
According to Mike & Mike he had season ending knee surgery yesterday...

Let the T-Ham era begin... ;)

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Will that guy ever catch a break? With his luck, the only "break" he'll get is a broken leg or something. That dude is always hurt. He makes Jacob Rogers look like Jack Youngblood.

joseephuss

Reaction score
That guy is snake bitten. I can't imagine how it feels to spend all that time re-habbing only to come back and get injured again.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
sorry for Buckhalter...just cant seem to stay healthy...

too bad it wasnt Owens instead, he kinda deserves it

David

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think this is his last year in Green-land. They've paid him now going on 3 yrs w/nothing to show for it. They've got the Moats dude now to be the Ying to Westbrook's Yang. Buckhalter's time w/the Eagles is done.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
I think this is his last year in Green-land. They've paid him now going on 3 yrs w/nothing to show for it. They've got the Moats dude now to be the Ying to Westbrook's Yang. Buckhalter's time w/the Eagles is done.

Yes. Looks like Injury settlement time for him.
If there's a way to save some $$$ the Eagles will take that route.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Dam! Sometimes football is not in the cards. At least he made it to the show.

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
Wasn't he recovering from a knee injury from last year? How did he injure it this time, I must have missed it. It's a shame, he's seemed to be a pretty good back.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
SteveOS said:
Wasn't he recovering from a knee injury from last year? How did he injure it this time, I must have missed it. It's a shame, he's seemed to be a pretty good back.

They said it was a patella injury...

doomsday_II

Reaction score
The Iggs are sure thin at RB. Westbrook, Moats, and Perry.

Perry is not big and the other two are injury prone so it could be tough position this year for them.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Since when is Moats injury prone? Never heard anything about him being injury prone before.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Moats has a well known history of being hurt in college, he already had a concussion in this Training camp. :suxiggle: :trophy: :iggles: :disseags:

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
AmishCowboy said:
Moats has a well known history of being hurt in college, he already had a concussion in this Training camp. :suxiggle: :trophy: :iggles: :disseags:

Well known? I guess not... I mean, I didn't know about it. ;)

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
sorry if repost.

POSTED 11:20 a.m. EDT; UPDATED 11:25 a.m. EDT, August 24, 2005

BUH-BYE, BUCKHALTER

Eagles running back Correll Buckhalter will miss the entire 2005 season after undergoing surgery Tuesday to repair a torn patellar tendon in his right knee.

The same injury to the same tendon in the same knee shelved him for 2004.

In all, the 2001 fourth-rounder has missed three of five NFL seasons due to injury.

The most recent injury, suffered the same day that receiver Todd Pinkston's Achilles' went kaflooie, initially was downplayed. But the injury did not heal and Buckhalter landed in the office of orthopedist James Andrews, who performed the surgery.

Speculation already has begun that Buckhalter's career may be over. Really, who will offer him anything other than the minimum deal in 2006 -- three years removed from his last live NFL reps?