ESPN Radio: Eagles Buckhalter out for the season...

TobiasEagle77

Reaction score
Personally, I think this stinks. I always liked Buckhalter and his running style. I always thought he was our best pure runner out of the 3-headed monster of Staley, Buckhalter and Westbrook.

It doesn't come as a surprise though. Most Eagles fans have been bracing for this news for 3 weeks or so.

The Eagles have options. Hambrick is very unlikely. Levens is a big possibility. There are rumors of a brewing trade with the Dolphins.

One KEY thing to remember: the Eagles have Simon as trade bait. Alot of teams are in need of a defensive tackle, and the Eagles would really like to move Simon. The bottleneck in the whole ordeal is Simon's salary demands, but if he comes down to earth a little bit...

Simon in Green Bay? ____ in Philadelphia?

joseephuss

Reaction score
TobiasEagle77 said:
Personally, I think this stinks. I always liked Buckhalter and his running style. I always thought he was our best pure runner out of the 3-headed monster of Staley, Buckhalter and Westbrook.

It doesn't come as a surprise though. Most Eagles fans have been bracing for this news for 3 weeks or so.

The Eagles have options. Hambrick is very unlikely. Levens is a big possibility. There are rumors of a brewing trade with the Dolphins.

One KEY thing to remember: the Eagles have Simon as trade bait. Alot of teams are in need of a defensive tackle, and the Eagles would really like to move Simon. The bottleneck in the whole ordeal is Simon's salary demands, but if he comes down to earth a little bit...

I agree. He gave the Eagles their best inside running threat. Obviously, Philly can get by without him since they keep having to do just that. He just would have made their offense a little more well rounded.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
TobiasEagle77 said:

Are you hoping to get Najeh Davenport in this hypothetical deal?

I think GB would be loath to do that since Green has injury concerns.

TobiasEagle77

Reaction score
I am personally hoping we could make that deal work. I think Simon is worth more than Davenport, but given the Eagles situation I would still like the trade.

However, reports from Davenport's agent are that the Packers will not trade him to an NFC team. He says the Eagles have been in contact with him.

I will not be surprised to see the Eagles make a move soon (for WR or RB). I think they are working on numerous deals, mostly involving Simon or draft picks. Likely trading partners are the Dolphins, Packers, Bills, and Ravens.