ESPN Radio in NJ says ROY W stinks!!!

dcjules

Reaction score
Listening to breaking news late yesterday, happy to hear about the Roy W deal....living in Eagle country the ESPN station (local) went on to talk about reason philly didnt pursue him...their rationale, where would he fit, the already have 5 guys, saying Curtis, D Jax and Brown are better??? what???

funny to see other people's take on things!

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
:lmao: :laugh2:

and this is the same radio station that would promote him as a future HOF and better for them as a WR than TO was....had they given up enough to get him.....

typical crap coming from them...trying to make the fans out there think they dodged a bullet.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Serious question: How many Lions have made the Pro Bowl since Roy Williams has been there? It can't be many.

Anyway, Roy is obviously a serious talent who is averaging about 1,035 yards per 16 games played. He hasn't performed up to the level of expectations -- fulfilling his potential as one of the best in the game -- but even without doing so, he developed into the face of the Lions franchise and roughly a top 15 wide receiver in this league.

He's had his problems in Detroit, but honestly, I think coming here is going to revitalize him. I don't buy into the "rebirth" stories too often, but I think this is clearly a case where it has it written all over it. I bet you'll see him how to work hard under TO, you'll see that "lazy" and "lack of concentration" label go away, etc.

And worse than Reggie Brown or Kevin Curtis? Mmmk. And Anthony Spencer is a better pass rusher than Justin Tuck.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
he made joey harrington and jon kitna look pretty good for awhile.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I guess when he's catching TDs and freeing TO up for some extra single coverages that they won't comeback and admit they were wrong.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
hahahahahahahaha.....

I just did a podcast for nfldraftblitz and they were crying about WR.

The huge Eagles homer was ranting the entire show because Reggie Brown is awful and they won't play DeSean Jackson because McNabb doesn't like him.

The Eagles were the team most interested in RW besides us.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2343358 said:
Curtis, D Jax and Brown are better???

BAAAAAAWAAAAAABAAAAAAAAWAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

The Eagles were pursuing Roy so heavily because they just needed a good backup to those three.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
dcjules;2342434 said:
Listening to breaking news late yesterday, happy to hear about the Roy W deal....living in Eagle country the ESPN station (local) went on to talk about reason philly didnt pursue him...their rationale, where would he fit, the already have 5 guys, saying Curtis, D Jax and Brown are better??? what???

If the Eagles are so freaking stacked at WR, as they are saying, then why did they offer the Bengals 2 first round picks for Chad Johnson???

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
If the Eagles landed him, they would have said they were SB bound, no doubt.

Boysboy

Reaction score
dcjules;2342434 said:

:lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao:

Last I heard-D Jack was running so many sloppy routes, that McFlabb decided to ignore him. Only difference being that D Jack didn't exactly throw a hissy fit like TO would.:laugh1:

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
One of my greatest fears every offseason is that the Eagles would land an Anquan Boldin or Roy Williams type. Thankfully, so far, it never happens.

McNabb has shown he knows how to use a big-bodied, prime-time threat. Not sure why they insist on not giving him another one.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
jterrell;2342883 said:
hahahahahahahaha.....

I just did a podcast for nfldraftblitz and they were crying about WR.

The huge Eagles homer was ranting the entire show because Reggie Brown is awful and they won't play DeSean Jackson because McNabb doesn't like him.

The Eagles were the team most interested in RW besides us.

Ok. Now a reason why Jerry blinked first could be because he wasn't taking a chance on the Eagles getting him. Don't know that; just guessing it 'could' be a reason.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2343374 said:
If the Eagles are so freaking stacked at WR, as they are saying, then why did they offer the Bengals 2 first round picks for Chad Johnson???

It was the Commanders, actually. But yes, the Eagles offered Lito for Fitz, Lito for Chad, Lito for Boldin........I mean they had ALL the leverage in the world-TWO #1's AND #2's in addition to an unhappy, albeit elite CB in Lito, and they thought the price was TOO steep??:lmao2:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
People say this because he landed with the Cowboys.

32 teams would love to have Roy Williams.

Hes avery talented guy and has a great attitude. Hes a team guy.

Boysboy

Reaction score
RainMan;2343385 said:
One of my greatest fears every offseason is that the Eagles would land an Anquan Boldin or Roy Williams type. Thankfully, so far, it never happens.

McNabb has shown he knows how to use a big-bodied, prime-time threat. Not sure why they insist on not giving him another one.

Personally, even at the expense of landing a top flight receiver, I wouldn't have minded them dumping Lito Sheppard to do so, why? B/c even NOW, their 3-headed monster of Lito/Sheldon/Asante is pretty scary(if anything, it covers up some of Asante's weaknesses in playing man-man).

However-when they COULDN'T land Larry Fitzgerald, I was RELIEVED. Fitz is single-handedly the most talented receiver in this league. Has great speed, height, runs great routes, has stick for hands, and unlike other receivers, has a non-existent ego and is just an overall good guy. It would have been pitch and catch b/w McNabb and Fitz all day long...making Reid's overrated pass-happy playbook look brilliant.