ESPN Radio in NJ says ROY W stinks!!!

Boysboy

Reaction score
jobberone;2343388 said:
Ok. Now a reason why Jerry blinked first could be because he wasn't taking a chance on the Eagles getting him. Don't know that; just guessing it 'could' be a reason.

Like I said in other threads-the Eagles don't have the guts to part ways with their higher draft picks. They have 2 #1's and 2 #2's, but their history under Reid shows they love to hoard them more than anything else.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
jobberone;2343388 said:
Ok. Now a reason why Jerry blinked first could be because he wasn't taking a chance on the Eagles getting him. Don't know that; just guessing it 'could' be a reason.

Oh I'm sure that played a role. Jerry has wanted Roy for two years, so it's not like we were interested now *because* Philly might have been. But I'm sure once Jerry got word that Philly would get him if we didn't, there was no way he was going to let his guy go to one of our arch rivals.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Boysboy;2343411 said:
Like I said in other threads-the Eagles don't have the guts to part ways with their higher draft picks. They have 2 #1's and 2 #2's, but their history under Reid shows they love to hoard them more than anything else.

I dont think the reason the Eagles dont make moves like this is because they believe they aren't at a championship level yet.

McNabb has been screwed over his entire career by that front office.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2342784 said:
I guess when he's catching TDs and freeing TO up for some extra single coverages that they won't comeback and admit they were wrong.

Teams are going to still double T.O, this guy is just going to make them pay for that. He goes up and gets them balls.

Boysboy

Reaction score
RainMan;2343420 said:
Oh I'm sure that played a role. Jerry has wanted Roy for two years, so it's not like we were interested now *because* Philly might have been. But I'm sure once Jerry got word that Philly would get him if we didn't, there was no way he was going to let his guy go to one of our arch rivals.

Remember when they traded for Stallworth 2 years ago-they only had to fork over a scrub LB(Simoneau) and a 4th rounder(which they gave back to the Saints from the Hollis Thomas trade earlier anyways).

Pt being that the Eagles FO will always make sure it's THEM who comes out on top. And also-their OTs(Thomas and Runyan) will be gone(and retired) after the season, so they have some much needed gaps to fill with their draft picks next year.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Boysboy;2343411 said:

Well. I'm not certain that is a sure thing. But most people would rather pay a #1 than fork over huge money. The problem is you're paying for that loss of risk with the known player which could be very good or perhaps not. I don't blame the Eagles for sticking to their guns. They been pretty good since Reid got there doing what they do.

RainMan;2343420 said:

I wasn't saying that. He's been hard after Roy since the spring and likely has coveted him longer. I'm saying he may have given more for RWR because the Eagles were trying to land him, too. Remember you don't know how high another team is going to go and I doubt Jerry wanted to risk losing him especially to the Eagles.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
jobberone;2343484 said:
Well. I'm not certain that is a sure thing. But most people would rather pay a #1 than fork over huge money. The problem is you're paying for that loss of risk with the known player which could be very good or perhaps not. I don't blame the Eagles for sticking to their guns. They been pretty good since Reid got there doing what they do.

I wasn't saying that. He's been hard after Roy since the spring and likely has coveted him longer. I'm saying he may have given more for RWR because the Eagles were trying to land him, too. Remember you don't know how high another team is going to go and I doubt Jerry wanted to risk losing him especially to the Eagles.

Yeah, I agree with you. Maybe I wasn't clear enough on that before. Sorry. :)

es22

Reaction score
of course they are trash talking RW. They didnt get a chance to pick him up.

I am sure McNabb would be delighted with a WR as Roy

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Boysboy;2343411 said:
And they love to be $20 million under the salary cap to save for a rainy day!

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
I guess those big mouth idiots didn't remember the 220 yards and 91 yarder Roy Williams hung on the Eagles at Philadelphia last year.

I guess the ugly uniforms the Eagles were wearing that day blocked it out of their memory.

Roy Williams is big, strong, and fast. Plus, he can make big catches when in tight coverage by using his great hands and athletic ability.

Dallas still has 9 draft picks, and if things go like they want them to go, the first round pick that the Lions acquired will probably yield second round talent.

Where are you going to get a WR like Roy Williams in the draft?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
RainMan;2343487 said:
Yeah, I agree with you. Maybe I wasn't clear enough on that before. Sorry. :)

I likely wasn't clear instead of you but thanks anyway. NP. It's all good.

superpunk

Reaction score
41gy#;2343600 said:
I guess those big mouth idiots didn't remember the 220 yards and 91 yarder Roy Williams hung on the Eagles at Philadelphia last year.

I guess the ugly uniforms the Eagles were wearing that day blocked it out of their memory.

Roy Williams is big, strong, and fast. Plus, he can make big catches when in tight coverage by using his great hands and athletic ability.

Dallas still has 9 draft picks, and if things go like they want them to go, the first round pick that the Lions acquired will probably yield second round talent.

Where are you going to get a WR like Roy Williams in the draft?

I don't think that blanket statement holds water.

Lots of good receivers found in the second round and later of the draft recently. Jennings, Marshall, etc.

Boysboy

Reaction score
superpunk;2343636 said:
I don't think that blanket statement holds water.

Lots of good receivers found in the second round and later of the draft recently. Jennings, Marshall, etc.

Not just receivers, but alot of good talent came out of the 2nd round this year as well. Even very good pass rushers like Trevor Laws and Calais(or was it Caleb?) Campbell were in there.