ESPN radio is a load of...

S.B. Bound

Reaction score
COMMERCIALS!!!! Ohh my freaking goodness!!!! Ughhhh Damn blood sucking COMMERCIALS!!!! You know what ever happen to satisfying THE AUDIENCE, if it wasn't for us listening and boosting the ratings there would not be a ESPN radio (just ask FOX sports radio). I mean I do understand that you have to make your money (contracts with sponsors etc...) but a 10 minuet session and then a 12 or 13 minuet commercial break? :mad: Am I the only one frustrated with these PIGS (ESPN) ripping us sports fans off?

jay cee

Reaction score
S.B. Bound said:
COMMERCIALS!!!! Ohh my freaking goodness!!!! Ughhhh Damn blood sucking COMMERCIALS!!!! You know what ever happen to satisfying THE AUDIENCE, if it wasn't for us listening and boosting the ratings there would not be a ESPN radio (just ask FOX sports radio). I mean I do understand that you have to make your money (contracts with sponsors etc...) but a 10 minuet session and then a 12 or 13 minuet commercial break? :mad: Am I the only one frustrated with these PIGS (ESPN) ripping us sports fans off?

I know what you mean. it does get frustrating.

on a different topic, Does anyone out there have satellite radio (XM or Sirius). I have been thinking about getting one. I know some of the music channels are commercial free, but I assume the sports and talk channels are not.

I don't know much else about it. Can someone give me their thoughts on it.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
jay cee said:

on a different topic, Does anyone out there have satellite radio (XM or Sirius). I have been thinking about getting one. I know some of the music channels are commercial free, but I assume the sports and talk channels are not.

They are both very similar... I preferred XM but am gonna go with Sirius since they have the NFL package for next year...

They both have plenty of overlapping programming... ESPN, Fox Sports, Fox News, CNN... etc... all the majors are pretty much on both...

XM does have the Playboy Radio Channel for an extra fee... but I could see how that could cause errant driving if you're focused on other things besides the road...

Wimbo

Reaction score
trickblue said:
They are both very similar... I preferred XM but am gonna go with Sirius since they have the NFL package for next year...

They both have plenty of overlapping programming... ESPN, Fox Sports, Fox News, CNN... etc... all the majors are pretty much on both...

XM does have the Playboy Radio Channel for an extra fee... but I could see how that could cause errant driving if you're focused on other things besides the road...

Playboy radio? I will put that with things like: fat-free cheese, mild buffalo wings, non-alcoholic beer, and decaffinated coffee... If you don't get the whole thing, it ain't worth it.

5 Super Bowls

Reaction score
S.B. Bound said:

ESPN is better than the ticket. The ticket tries to use their hosts to make the commercials seem shorter but they go on and on with commercials. I was listening to the ticket the other day and they did a ranch report tease and I went into the grocery store and came out 15 minutes later and they were still doing commercials. The ranch report soon followed.

jay cee

Reaction score
trickblue said:

Thanks for the info trickblue.

5 Super Bowls

Reaction score
jay cee said:

The biggest difference in XM and FM radio is the sound quality. The music is cd quality on XM. I never listen to the sports radio on XM since it is directed at the whole nation. I like to get my Boys stuff from local radio. If you want to listen to talk, then you may just have to put up with the commercials.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
jay cee said:

I would go with Sirius since I own some of their stock. :D
Initially, both music and talk channels were supposed to be commercial free. I haven't heard about a change.

trickblue

Reaction score
Erik_H said:
I would go with Sirius since I own some of their stock. :D
Initially, both music and talk channels were supposed to be commercial free. I haven't heard about a change.

They do have commercial free talk and music... but the commercial networks still run their commercials... if not... then you would have that annoying backhall feed silence...

They really are essentially the same... XM owns their sattelites... Sirius leases theirs... talk had been they would eventually share programming...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jay cee said:

XM radio is the bomb. The sound is so clear and the features you get with the music are really nice. I highly recommend it.

S.B. Bound

Reaction score
XM, sounds like it could be my best friend, is there a way I could listen to it at work? :confused:

trickblue

Reaction score
S.B. Bound said:
XM, sounds like it could be my best friend, is there a way I could listen to it at work? :confused:

If you are a subscriber you can listen over your pc 24/7... if you you want to try them out then they will give you 20 or 30 minutes of free listening...

Go here:
XM Radio
Sirius Radio

BigDPlayer

Reaction score
Wimbo said:
Playboy radio? I will put that with things like: fat-free cheese, mild buffalo wings, non-alcoholic beer, and decaffinated coffee... If you don't get the whole thing, it ain't worth it.

AMEN! That was great man, I can't agree more!

May I add another? Caffeine-free Diet Coke... ***?! Just drink water.