ESPN: Roy Williams blurb

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
7. Safety first
Player safety is going to be a big issue this year. That's probably bad news for the Broncos and Falcons. More flags and fines may be enforced if their offensive lines cause more injuries with cut and chop blocks. There will be no more horse collar tackles by Cowboys safety Roy Williams. Injuries have been increasing for years. For the past couple of years, the league took the position that the number of injuries had been the same. Finally, last year they recognized that injuries were increasing.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview05/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2152317&num=3

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
I may be wrong, but when I glanced at the TV when Rice was annoucing his retirement, ESPN showed his numbers vs. whomever was in 2nd place.
It showed I believe total TD's and had Rice at 205, which I believe is correct. But had Emmitt at 33. :laugh2:

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Just think of how many more he will knock out because he can't gently pull them down...:D

Nav22

Reaction score
It showed I believe total TD's and had Rice at 205, which I believe is correct. But had Emmitt at 33.
Rice had 208 TDs, Emmitt had 176 (including his passing TD last year). I'm guessing the stat you saw was showing how many TDs Rice is ahead by, but this would still be incorrect. He was 32 ahead of Emmitt, not 33.

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
Nav22 said:
Rice had 208 TDs, Emmitt had 176 (including his passing TD last year). I'm guessing the stat you saw was showing how many TDs Rice is ahead by, but this would still be incorrect. He was 32 ahead of Emmitt, not 33.
Now that makes sense. I should've stopped and read a little better, but its not like it was a Cowboy on TV. :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
7. Safety first
Player safety is going to be a big issue this year. That's probably bad news for the Broncos and Falcons. More flags and fines may be enforced if their offensive lines cause more injuries with cut and chop blocks. There will be no more horse collar tackles by Cowboys safety Roy Williams. Injuries have been increasing for years. For the past couple of years, the league took the position that the number of injuries had been the same. Finally, last year they recognized that injuries were increasing.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview05/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2152317&num=3
The chop block hasn't hurt people I guess.

Ridiculous.

You can bet if the Cowboys adopted the chop block and person got injured it would be outlawed.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
Hostile said:
The chop block hasn't hurt people I guess.

Ridiculous.

You can bet if the Cowboys adopted the chop block and person got injured it would be outlawed.

Damn skippy!!! It would be the Cowboy chop... Hell we got the Erik Williams rule, Roy Williams rule... how many more... did we ever have the Deion run blitz turf dive??
:rolleyes: