News: ESPN: Several injured players back at practice

NewsBot

Reaction score
IRVING, Texas -- The Cowboys keep receiving good news regarding most of their injured players. Wide receiver Miles Austin (hamstring), safety J.J. Wilcox (knee), cornerback Morris Claiborne (hamstring), defensive end DeMarcus Ware (thigh), and defensive tackles Jason Hatcher (neck) and Nick Hayden (ribs) practiced Wednesday. This is a positive sign for a Cowboys defense that's struggling with its health and overall play. Starting middle linebacker Sean Lee (hamstring) and strong side linebacker Justin Durant (hamstring) did not practice and are not expected to play in Sunday's game at the New York Giants.

Continue reading...

Doomsay

Reaction score
Good news. Must beat Giants... again - Week one was clearly the highlight of the season so far IMO, partially because it seemed more significant at the time, but, it was great to get the home win off of our backs.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Going into what I feel is the make-or-break game for the season, we can use all the good news we can get!

We may be getting players back but we're missing the key piece (Lee). I can just feel a black hole of incompetence and confusion swirling around the entire middle of our defense without him to maintain order.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Going into what I feel is the make-or-break game for the season, we can use all the good news we can get!

It's insane to me that given all of the losses our divisional rivals so graciously handed us earlier this season, that we are already facing a "must win" game in week 12. But you're absolutely right.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's insane to me that given all of the losses our divisional rivals so graciously handed us earlier this season, that we are already facing a "must win" game in week 12. But you're absolutely right.

Do or die time.

For a lot of people.

Play for your job.

Coach for your job.

Fight for your job.

Put up or shut up time.

No excuses.

AbeBeta

Reaction score

Statement game. I expect we come out strong then beat Oakland a few days later.

We'll all be feeling great going into the Chicago game where, of course, we end up losing. Then we get "lucky" and catch GB with Rogers back at the helm and drop back to .500, setting up two big divisional showdowns in the final two weeks of the season.

cowboys2233

Reaction score

We'll all be feeling great going into the Chicago game where, of course, we end up losing. Then we get "lucky" and catch GB with Rogers back at the helm and drop back to .500, setting up two big divisional showdowns in the final two weeks of the season.

...and we WIN the first one, setting up a "win and you're in, lose and go home" scenario with the Eagles in week 17...

...where we proceed to get crushed by a score of 42 to 10. Fortunately, our fellas will already be home, so they won't have to deal with that annoying plane ride home before hitting the golf course like the last couple of years. So, there's that.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

So I have to stay on this roller coaster?!?!?!

:mad:

cowboys2233

Reaction score
That might be a record for cliches in one post! :)

And since Jerry has already found his puppet HC and has ridiculous salary cap issues to contend with, that's all they are, cliches. Because regardless of what happens, coaches won't be coaching, players won't be playing, and no one will be fighting for their jobs. They're secure. LOL.

links18

Reaction score
Over under on reinjuries in this game by quarter? I say Miles leaves late in the second quarter and is doubtful to return for the rest of the game.....

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Over under on reinjuries in this game by quarter? I say Miles leaves late in the second quarter and is doubtful to return for the rest of the game.....

That's it? What about Ware re-aggravating his quad pull? No wait, he'll get that darn pinched nerve thing again. Hatcher too. And let's not forget, this is right about the time that Murray breaks something. Dez too, probably get that herniated disc everyone has been waiting on. LOL.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score

10 days to prepare for chicago....after coming off 2 wins....and u dont think we can win it. Plus sean lee will be back. This team has never earned our trust...but if we win these 2kids games and emerge healthy....i will start believing

cowboys1981

Reaction score
Missing Lee will be a void our LBers have to come together on filling. I feel a lot better about getting back much needed help in the returnees.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
10 days to prepare for chicago....after coming off 2 wins....and u dont think we can win it. Plus sean lee will be back. This team has never earned our trust...but if we win these 2kids games and emerge healthy....i will start believing

Given our history, no.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We may be getting players back but we're missing the key piece (Lee). I can just feel a black hole of incompetence and confusion swirling around the entire middle of our defense without him to maintain order.

Well, to be honest. QBs were racking up 400 yards on the Cowboys with Sean Lee in the middle. I think with some of the defensive players coming back, we can hope to stem the bloodletting that occurred in N.O.

I'm more interested in Miles return and what he can bring to this stagnant offense.

links18

Reaction score

Man, Sean Lee will be done for the season after our trainers work their magic.....