News: ESPN: Sources: Dak eyes Week 5 Rams game for return

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I agree 100% with everything you've said about Rush.

However, the only tape anyone had on him (sans the Minn game) was him playing against and with non-starters. I don't think anyone outside the team knew about his high football IQ. And his calm demeanor during stressful times in the game. Those are things that are impossible to know unless he plays enough for all to see.

Going forward, it's nice to know we have him as a security blanket. Dak is getting his job back as soon as he's deemed healthy. I don't think anyone doubts that.
Exactly, everyones personal feelings and bias aside on the subject, the fact that Dak will be starting soon is a reality, doesn't matter how well Rush performs.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Exactly, everyones personal feelings and bias aside on the subject, the fact that Dak will be starting soon is a reality, doesn't matter how well Rush performs.
And when this team starts losing again, that reality will become a fallacy.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I've got a bet involving jerseys with someone involving the Eagles series this year lol, so it'd be against my own interest for Dak to sit if he's the better option. That being said, I'd rather, long term, that Dak sat that one out as well if it meant 1. He gets a more favourable matchup, and 2. He's less likely to be reinjured with the better matchup for him.
While true, the old school in me still believes that coddling or protecting players if deemed healthy and cleared to play is a soft approach.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I want Dak back like, yesterday! I want him to play this next game since he thinks he Superman...come on down Dak, your next up, show everyone what you are made of. Those jerseys that your fans bought are in the closet and they can't wear them until you win a game or lose a game but have 500 yards passing.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I want Dak back like, yesterday! I want him to play this next game since he thinks he Superman...come on down Dak, your next up, show everyone what you are made of. Those jerseys that your fans bought are in the closet and they can't wear them until you win a game or lose a game but have 500 yards passing.
Zip it and get to work. Aren't you supposed to be driving right now?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
This is starting to sound like a little ploy by the Cowboys to force opposing teams to prepare for two QBs.
I would, why not.
Take every advantage that you can take.
Makes the opposition spend part of practice preparing for the what if, and there are only so many hours in the week to prepare for everything.

bigE79

Reaction score
If they bring Dak back this week against the Rams and he plays poorly people can say "but it was the tough Rams defense and Dak is rusty" excuse. If they start Rush and he plays poorly people will say "see Rush sucks against good teams and beat up on bad teams". Ultimately this is nothing kroe than a built in excuses game for Dak.
Actually dak could be perfectly healthy and he would still suck against the rams,he most always sucks against good teams,that's been proven. And isn't that the same argument for dak when he wins against the bad teams.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
While true, the old school in me still believes that coddling or protecting players if deemed healthy and cleared to play is a soft approach.

It's not just for Dak imo. It's for the team because he didn't play with them in the preseason, and he's now also missed several weeks of work. The lack of connectivity between Dak and the WRs was clear during the Bucs game. We need to not have that when we play Philly. This, to me, the correct decision is to play Rush that game as Detroit and/or Chicago are games where it'd be easier for Dak to regain that connectivity.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Seems some would rather lose games than Prescott start.
That's weird.