News: ESPN: Sources: Player reps divided over 17-game slate

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see your point here. NFL players do not have the natural right of “safety” because it’s voluntary. No one is forcing them to play football and all that. So I guess everyone who voluntarily joined the army after the draft was abolished should not expect benefits after service because hey it’s voluntary. It was their choice join. No one forced them to. But let’s not compare playing football to the military and all that. Let’s compare it to the average American who shouldn’t expect workers rights to be to be practiced at their jobs. So what Susan is being sexually harassed by her co-workers. It’s voluntary for her work at that company.

There are thousand (maybe millions) of meaningless jobs out there in America if you think about it. I won’t name them all because I’m quite sure many posters on this board have dedicated their lives performing them everyday. Just because a person chose to work in entertainment doesn’t mean they shouldn’t expect their company to put their well being into consideration while making decisions.

Wow. Comparing playing football to serving in the military. Sexual harassment in the work place? None of this is relevant or analogous to the NFL. You are more misguided than I originally suspected.

I CLEARLY stated the employer (owners) have the duty to inform players of the risks of the job. They are not obligated beyond that and certainly not beyond the contracted years of play. You obviously don't employ anyone.

J817

Reaction score
Wow. Comparing playing football to serving in the military. Sexual harassment in the work place? None of this is relevant or analogous to the NFL. You are more misguided than I originally suspected.

I CLEARLY stated the employer (owners) have the duty to inform players of the risks of the job. They are not obligated beyond that and certainly not beyond the contracted years of play. You obviously don't employ anyone.

Im not disagreeing with you. I stated as much in my first sentence. Your point is companies have the duty to inform the risks of the job before it is agreed upon by the prospect to perform that said job, and if the prospect is injured or god forbid die from that job after it was agreed upon f*** him. That prospect most likely signed a contract releasing that company from any liability. I get it. You sound like a great guy to work for.

It’s all about ethics here. Just because a company isn’t obligated to protect its employees doesn’t mean it’s not ethically right to do so.

Last edited:

Whyjerry

Reaction score
17 games is just silly. They need to figure out how to make the 16 games better. Quality has consistently dipped.