CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Key Matchup

Ray Buchanan - Cowboys receivers vs Packers DBs

Lomas Brown - Cowboys o-line vs Packers d-line

Both picks Cowboys

FWST Charean Williams

On TO
on not getting catches

Feels like he's really matured. Didn't bother him at all that he was shut out in the 2nd half. Said TO said that opened up things for Jason Witten."

**He and Romo are best TD combo in the NFL since TO became QB**

Romo's homecoming
Don't think Romo's going to be overwhelmed.

Packers fans will be nostalgic when they see #9 running around, cuz they'll be thinking of #4.

Romo on his turnovers used a golf analogy.
Jack Nichols quote paraphrased - Opened the tourney with two bogeys, but now he's going to go get his birdies. Feels like he's going to make some mistakes along the way, but then he's going to keep going.

Cowboys defensive concerns
Last drive - They said, 2 of the four sacks were on that last drive. We got it done when we had to.

Newman - still getting well
Pac - still rusty. pointed out how he got burnt by Jackson.

With Pac going back to the 3rd CB spot, that should help them tremendously.

That's about all I can remember. If anyone else saw it, please feel free to add.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Romo on his turnovers used a golf analogy.
Jack Nichols quote paraphrased - Opened the tourney with two bogeys, but now he's going to go get his birdies. Feels like he's going to make some mistakes along the way, but then he's going to keep going.

I think this is one of Romo strongest traits. Every player is sports is going to make mistakes, some of them big mistakes within a game but those who can put mistakes behind them and move on to the next play as if nothing happened have a better chance of overcoming them. after all you can change what has already taken place you can only deal with what is ahead of you.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Interesting they're doing an on-field example of the Cowboys TD to Barber. Showed offense running the wheel route and showed how to stop it.

There are actually players on the field. Looks like high schoolers.

Edit: Now they're showing a successful play by Green Bay with the same teenagers and how to defend it.

This play is the Packers two-man route.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2270597 said:
I think this is one of Romo strongest traits. Every player is sports is going to make mistakes, some of them big mistakes within a game but those who can put mistakes behind them and move on to the next play as if nothing happened have a better chance of overcoming them. after all you can change what has already taken place you can only deal with what is ahead of you.

I see your point, but it bothers me how careless he is sometimes.

I think he can take care of the ball better, and still not lose anything.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Chief;2270670 said:

I agree at times he can have a brain fart and makes a mistake but it is going to happen. How you come back from that means everything I don't want Romo to ever get to the point where he is afraid to take a gamble or become hesitant. Even Roger did a lot of the same thing I see from Romo, there was a reason he was captain comeback because many games he made mistakes that put us in holes but had the strong mental makeup to put that aside and come right back at you with no hesitation or fear.

Martice

Reaction score
Chief;2270670 said:

I see what you are saying Chief. However, he tends to make his mistakes early in the games and usually finishes strong. His belief that he can make every play is going to hurt us and wow us at the same time.

I just hope that he doesn't hurt us at the wrong time and continues to wow us at the right time.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chief;2270670 said:

Agree completely. I love the guy and love to watch him play, but he's capable of losing a game singlehandedly against a really good team when he's not careful. When he makes mistakes, they're big mistakes, and they come in pairs and bunches.

When it happens, I keep thinking about Parcells' list for Romo. Taking care of the ball and not being a celebrity QB are the two things he hadn't mastered yet. And I don't give a rip about the celebrity QB.

Honestly, Romo's mistakes and the penalties were a much bigger issue than the play of the secondary in the Eagles game, but nobody wants to talk about it because the offense still put up 34 points despite giving up 14.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
Idgit;2270802 said:
Agree completely. I love the guy and love to watch him play, but he's capable of losing a game singlehandedly against a really good team when he's not careful. When he makes mistakes, they're big mistakes, and they come in pairs and bunches.

When it happens, I keep thinking about Parcells' list for Romo. Taking care of the ball and not being a celebrity QB are the two things he hadn't mastered yet. And I don't give a rip about the celebrity QB.

Honestly, Romo's mistakes and the penalties were a much bigger issue than the play of the secondary in the Eagles game, but nobody wants to talk about it because the offense still put up 34 points despite giving up 14.

See, I disagree. I saw a game that the Eagles could have won if McNabb didn't lose that part of him to make him want to just take off and run. He bailed on a good couple chances to scramble for the first (one being his sack in their last drive). I think that we are on the lossing end had McNabb not been timid on those plays.

I don't want to see Romo lose what makes me love him in the first place. He wants every play.

morasp

Reaction score
Cowboys defensive concerns
Last drive - They said, 2 of the four sacks were on that last drive. We got it done when we had to.

Those were coverage sacks, McNabb didn't have anyone to throw to, so kudos to the secondary and our new/old secondary coaches for getting them in position.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Velvet Jones;2270879 said:
See, I disagree. I saw a game that the Eagles could have won if McNabb didn't lose that part of him to make him want to just take off and run. He bailed on a good couple chances to scramble for the first (one being his sack in their last drive). I think that we are on the lossing end had McNabb not been timid on those plays.

I don't want to see Romo lose what makes me love him in the first place. He wants every play.

Romo's a volatile player. Usually that helps you, but that volatility can cause you to lose games against good teams. It lets us ring up strings of victories b/c he's usually on and when he's off in the regular season it's often against bad teams and the Cowboys are good enough to recover from that, but in the playoffs, everybody's good and those bad plays are like playing Russian roulette with the season.

For example, we were well on the way to routing the Eagles Monday night, before we let a good team back in the game. Between the pick/blown interference/holding calls and Felix's return the defense was on the field a lot during the first half. The recovered in the second half, but McNabb should never have been in position to put that game away with a scramble.

Nexx

Reaction score
miamicowboy21;2270600 said:
We're doomed, skip bayless picked us 31-17.

crap!! he's trying to use that reverse psychology crap on us now. :(