News: ESPN: Twitter mailbag: Skepticism at how far rookie stars can carry Cowboys

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course it's not. But both rookies are playing at a level where they should be at the very bottom of the worry-list for this team. lol
Slow starts are worrisome, no matter who is playing QB and RB and I don't know that I'd put that at the bottom of my worry-list. Not saying it should be at the top, but folks shouldn't poo-poo it like it doesn't exist either. Game day play matters.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Slow starts are worrisome, no matter who is playing QB and RB and I don't know that I'd put that at the bottom of my worry-list. Not saying it should be at the top, but folks shouldn't poo-poo it like it doesn't exist either. Game day play matters.
Slow starts have been an issue with this team for years now, and I don't thhink the issue has been nearly as bad this year as it's been in prior years.

fifaguy

Reaction score

100% agree given that slow starts can lead to large halftime deficits that our young stars may not be able to overcome...

Dre11

Reaction score
As Woodygirl said having skepticism doesn't mean going back to Romo , but are you willing to sit through struggles in the playoffs if it means losing out on the Super Bowl, rather than going to Romo, a vet.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
It seems yall expect Dak to score every possession and if he doesn't then he is struggling. Doesn't matter what QB you want to name but none of them score every time they touch the ball that's unrealistic. This is a rookie out playing some of the best QBs in the game. He beat superbowl QBs in back to back games, beat 4 of the top 8 defenses. People are saying when Zeke is getting stop then Dak struggles......I see Dak picking up first downs when Zeke is being stop. Watch the Vikings game, Zeke was getting stopped, our OL was giving up pressure but yet Dak picked up first downs with his feet and then bombed a deep pass to Dez to set up the first TD......Dak did that had nothing to do with Zeke.

I think each Dak and Zeke pick each other up. They work perfect together and are 2 of the best rookies in the entire draft.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
I'm skeptical about the postseason myself. But at 11-1, I'm one giddy skeptic. :D

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm skeptical about the postseason myself. But at 11-1, I'm one giddy skeptic. :D
Honestly, that's where my most skepticism is.. The playoffs..

Not knocking the regular season, at all. I just know that's where my biggest fear is.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Honestly, that's where my most skepticism is.. The playoffs..

Not knocking the regular season, at all. I just know that's where my biggest fear is.
The playoffs are an altogether different season. I liked Faulk's observation that the Minny game felt like a playoff game.

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
The way I see it there's only 11 guys on the other side of the ball, so far Dak hasn't been fazed.. There's only so much a defense can do. The ole there's not enough film on a guy is bs IMO.. Today's NFL has so much fliudity things are always changing on the fly.. so far so good I'll take me chance with Dak...

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
It's a valid concern. Competition gets more fierce in the playoffs. The ability to overcome mistakes becomes more difficult. Subconsciously, it's also a different mindset due to the one-and-done.

On the other hand, certain players also elevate their game during these times as well. It's natural to be skeptical of rookies simply due to the experience factor since they haven't been put into such situations so there is no way to assess how they will react or respond to such things.