Video: ESPN - Where should Dak Prescott want to play next season?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I doubt Prescott leaves Dallas. It's just not reasonable IMO. I know there are some here who think different, but the fact remains the FO thinks very highly of Dak and he's gotten better every season. I think the season plays out very different if he doesn't get injured and we were literally a game away from the division.

Reactions: CWR

John813

Reaction score
He isn't walking this year to pick a team of his choice, so it's a moot discussion.

It's going to be FT or new long term deal.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

This is a no brainer on where Prescott would want to play. He's been a Cowboys fan all his life and his dream job has always been to play for the Cowboys so it takes no brains to know he wants to keep his dream job.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I could understand why Jerry wants 5 years, and understand why Dak wants 4 years.
He will be a cap hit of $37 million on the tag this year, and no way can the team do this, with a reduced salary cap, and needing to sign players in FA.
They have to come to a deal.

So someone will have to give, and it should be Jerry. At this point, I think a 4 year deal is best. As if they can't reach the SB in 4 years. Then as all the players will be 4 years older, it will be time to rebuild anyway. I know they will get players in the draft and all that over those 4 years. But if Dak signs, I rather have him for only 4 years. If he can't get it done in that time, at least move on from him. Then still have a decent group of core players from the drafts.

I know some want them to move on now, but it is not happening, Dak will be here at least 4 more years. And this offense with him is ready. Possibly SB ready. Just get the defense to that point.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The best opportunity is with the Colts.

That is a complete roster just waiting for a QB

Who ends up there is thread-worthy. Anyone? Anyone?

btw, I would add New Orleans too, but they seem to be in cap hell right now.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Dak would like to return to Dallas to continue to play for the Cowboys. Jerry and Stephen Jones would like nothing better than to sign him to a contract that both sides of some sane bargaining might afford them. They'll sit down and try to hammer out something they can agree to and be mutually happy about for whatever the number of years involved. It's not like they were worlds apart last year, when they finally ran out of time. Let's see whether or not this year's talks might bring something more agreeable to both sides. They'll likely get it done if they want it badly enough. Let's just hope they do.

Last edited:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The best opportunity is with the Colts.

That is a complete roster just waiting for a QB

Who ends up there is thread-worthy. Anyone? Anyone?

btw, I would add New Orleans too, but they seem to be in cap hell right now.
Why do people think this? The WR corps is meh, the defense is meh, their LT is a 32 y.o. FA. They do have cap space, but there are holes all over their roster.

Dallas has a way better environment for a QB

DFWJC

Reaction score
Why do people think this? The WR corps is meh, the defense is meh, their LT is a 32 y.o. FA. They do have cap space, but there are holes all over their roster.

Dallas has a way better environment for a QB
so we agree to disagree

2020 Total Defense
  • COLTS 7th
  • Cowboys 23rd

2020 Scoring Defense
  • COLTS 10th
  • Cowboys 23rd

Final 2020 Offensive Line Ranking (but both units had injuries)
  • COLTS 7th
  • Cowboys 27th
Note....in 2019 when both units were full strength, Colts Oline ranked 3rd and Dallas ranked 4th. But Dallas had both Frederick and Smith in 2019.....Freddy is gone for good and Tyron is close.

Overall Offensive weapons
  • COWBOYS (our WR group is 2nd to none. RBs really are not that much diff...imo)
  • Colts

Last edited:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
so we agree to disagree

2020 Total Defense
  • COLTS 7th
  • Cowboys 23rd

2020 Scoring Defense
  • COLTS 10th
  • Cowboys 23rd

Final 2020 Offensive Line Ranking (but both units had injuries)
  • COLTS 7th
  • Cowboys 27th
Note....in 2019 when both units were full strength, Colts Oline ranked 3rd and Dallas ranked 4th. But Dallas had both Frederick and Smith in 2019.....Freddy is gone for good and Tyron is close.

Overall Offensive weapons
  • COWBOYS (our WR group is 2nd to none. RBs really are not that much diff...imo)
  • Colts
You're not accounting for schedule. Colts got run over by good offenses just like the Cowboys did, we literally just saw it in the playoffs. That defense is average, bit better than better than the Cowboys, sure, but not decisively so when healthy. But I don't think that really matters for a QB anyway.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
If he wants to stay where the money, lights, camera, and action is, Dallas. AKA, the only team in the league that treats the players like they’re in a country club resort rather than a football business.

if he wants to go to a team with winning culture and wants to win a SB? Colts. Saints. Bears. 49ers. Panthers. Maybe the Steelers.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Tuned out the one dope who said the Jets would be a better situation for Dak than the Cowboys. How some of these knuckleheads get paying gigs to talk football is beyond me.