ESPN's Top 5 Classic MNF Games (Dallas Makes The List)

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Romo got away with murder during his career. He was too loved by fans to be benched but don't think for a second that he didn't get his butt chewed out for that crap.

I'm sure he did get a chewing out but NO player's job is safe or saved by how the fans like a player. That is strictly a coaches call.

Qcard

Reaction score
ESPN is gearing up to show a multitude of classic Monday Night Football games in the coming weeks. The network will air five games over the next five Mondays at 8 p.m. ET each week, giving football fans a way to pass the time while stuck self-isolating due to the coronavirus.

No. 2: Cowboys vs. Bills | Oct. 8, 2007
Final Score: Dallas 25, Buffalo 24

ESPN Air Date: April 27

By all accounts, the Dallas Cowboys should have lost this Monday Night Football contest in 2007.

The Buffalo Bills had built up an impressive 24-13 lead over the Cowboys after three quarters at Ralph Wilson Stadium, and capitalized on five interceptions from Dallas quarterback Tony Romo — who opened the night by throwing a pick-6 on his very first pass attempt of the game.

Yet it was the final few minutes of the game that turned it into a Monday Night Football classic.

Dallas mounted a massive 12-play, 85-yard drive and capped it with a 4-yard touchdown pass to Patrick Crayton to bring them within two points with just 20 seconds left on the clock. Romo attempted to find Terrell Owens for a two-point conversion, however the Bills swatted the ball away to maintain the lead.

The Cowboys then recovered an incredible onside kick to get the ball back, setting up a 53-yard field goal from Nick Folk to seal the 25-24 win.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...tus-here-are-our-top-5/ar-BB11OA8F?li=BBnb7Kz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While I won't pretend to remember every Cowboys game I've watched over my lifetime of being a fan, I can definitely say this one has always stuck out in my memories. What a roller coaster ride of a game this one was to watch.

In today's NFL Romo Stats in that game where "garbage or fake stats"

Someone had to do it:thumbdown:

Nav22

Reaction score
Awesome game. Romo was my fantasy QB and the late TD to Crayton got me the W, then Nick Folk got me a Cowboys W.

My Dallas-hating friend who I was playing against was piiiiiiisssssseeeddddd.

Nav22

Reaction score
In today's NFL Romo Stats in that game where "garbage or fake stats"

Someone had to do it:thumbdown:
Imagine what the Dak-hating turds would say if Dak had 6 turnovers in a game the Cowboys won.

“DURRR BENCH HIM FOR COOPER RUSH NEXT WEEK ANYWAYS!!”

JMech

Reaction score
One of my favorite games and I was THERE! Went up from NJ with my brother inlaw and went to the game with people that live local to the stadium, one of which is a member on this site. Sat through 3 qtrs with some of the most obnoxious fans I have ever seen in my life (and as I mentioned I'm from Jersey). Including a girl that would turn to me and scream a horror movie scream in my ear, some losers that would throw peanuts at me from 5 rows back. When I would look, they all look away. I would tell them at least at Giants stadium they have the balls to let you know who threw it.. When we started to come back, I started telling the rifraf around me, you guys better not lose this game..you BETTER NOT LOSE THIS GAME! Folk hit the first FG, and the coach called the T.O to ice him, they all celebrated. I told them, He's gonna hit it again, and when it went through the uprights, you could hear a pin drop..I turned to the row behind me and said very loudly.."Get your $h** and go home you Blanking LOSERS!" They could not even speak they were so crushed. I never felt more joy!

I just want to say to everyone here, I was sitting with JW during that game. His retelling is subdued. He was screaming in the faces of people that were sitting there with their face in their hands looking completely disconsolate. I was surprised no one simply hit him.

Buddy, you were at your finest that hour!

JMech

Reaction score
It was fantastic. All the way back out through the parking lot, it was like a funeral. LOL

When I planned to go to the game, I had the misconception of these friendly country folk. They were dirtbags. Throwing full beer cans at dallas fans. They can't lose enough.

Another classic..........these a-holes were actually throwing full beer cans at JW who was walking with my wife through the crowd. The place is a tail-gating mecca, however the fan IQ is dirt-low. They really have no appreciation for other fans or the game.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I just want to say to everyone here, I was sitting with JW during that game. His retelling is subdued. He was screaming in the faces of people that were sitting there with their face in their hands looking completely disconsolate. I was surprised no one simply hit him.

Buddy, you were at your finest that hour!

I can't argue. I was at my best...

zack

Reaction score
I was there. It was a frustrating game until the end! I was sitting in the coaching family section of the Buffalo Bills. My friends dad, Perry Fewell was the DC at the time. I did let off a little cheer at the end. lol.

stuckindc

Reaction score
They could include Tom Landry's down at 30 to 0 at half-time vs the Commanders and coming back and winning the game
Great call...I had to go to bed cause It was past my bedtime...which at the time was fine...When I woke up my bother left me a note saying they came back and won...The other , that would not be on the list was when Dallas picked Thiesman off a bunch of times , then sang Happy Birthday to him...Classic..

stuckindc

Reaction score
In my opinion the 1983 season opener on Monday night against Washington was more of a classic. The Cowboys got behind 23-3 in the first half against a good Commander team and came back to win 31-30. A rookie Darrell Green put his name on the map that night by chasing down Tony Dorsett from behind. That was a great game!
Then Green got paid back when Emmit took off on a long run, put on the brakes and Darrell flew right passed him...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Then Green got paid back when Emmit took off on a long run, put on the brakes and Darrell flew right passed him...

That happened on Thanksgiving. One of Emmitt’s most memorable plays. He shook Green off like a ragdoll.

stuckindc

Reaction score
That happened on Thanksgiving. One of Emmitt’s most memorable plays. He shook Green off like a ragdoll.
That was awesome...Living in DC..I never heard the end of Green running down TD...Until Emmitt torched him...Then never heard about Green again....

In 91 & 92 The Cowboys and Skins played some classic games.. The 92 one was better as the Boys beat the defending champs down pretty good...The 91 was great because it showed we could go toe to toe with the eventual World Champs. I think that was the one where Emmitt ran all over them and then puked on the sideline? am I remembering that correctly? or mixing other games together?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Romo threw 5 interceptions that game and deserved to be benched the following week. The Cowboys stole that game from the Bills.
Yeah, let's tank the eventual 13-3 season by benching our Pro Bowl QB because he played a bad game on the road that we ended up winning.
:lmao:
Can't make this **** up
PeeWee football maybe. NFL? Uh, no

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
91 & 92 The Cowboys and Skins playedI think that was the one where Emmitt ran all over them and then puked on the sideline? am I remembering that correctly? or mixing other games together?

I think you’re mixing games and players up. I remember Drew Pearson puking but not Emmitt.