Etc. etc. etc

Sully

Reaction score
There is a saying: Pride goes BEFORE destruction
and this is so true when it comes to the Dallas Cowboys.

I have been saying this for 10+ years:
Dallas Cowboys will NOT see another Superbowl UNTIL Jerry Jones meets Al Davis.
Two organizations where they are rich in history that were destroyed by two pride FILLED owners

You can change QBs, WRs, OC, DC, head coaches and nothing is going to change because the owner is the GM and will not step aside from playing GM. It has not worked for 20+ years and why would any fan thinks otherwise?

Who has a better future : Dallas, Buffalo or Cleveland?
Of the 3, Dallas is 3rd because the other franchises will make changes when they have too. Browns fired their head coach during the season. Buffalo changes their GM when it doesn't work. With the Cowboys, Jerry continues to think HE can win a Superbowl as a GM and wants to able to say that he won a Superbowl w/o Jimmy Johnson. So while Jimmy keeps laughing at the UN-successful seasons the franchise has had since being removed as head coach, Jerry lives in Walt Disney World thinking HE will bring a SuperBowl to Dallas w/o Jimmy.

So keep joining Jerry in NeverNeverLand believing Dallas is Superbowl every season each season then waking up on cold concrete floor.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
The issue I think is that Jerry is now a symbol of a flawed culture. You can get any staff or players, the team culture Landry spent decades to establish and Jimmy enforced with 3 SBs, is not unfortunately and sadly gone. Until Jerry totally removes himself from the picture and quit football, this culture will continue to hinder this organization

:cool:

Sully

Reaction score
The issue I think is that Jerry is now a symbol of a flawed culture. You can get any staff or players, the team culture Landry spent decades to establish and Jimmy enforced with 3 SBs, is not unfortunately and sadly gone. Until Jerry totally removes himself from the picture and quit football, this culture will continue to hinder this organization

Until Jerry truly wants to W-I-N and not be an entertainment team, the culture will continue. Jerry wants entertainment because that is what makes the Cowboys the #1 sports franchise is all of sports. Screw the actual winning. Pride goes before destruction and his ego has damaged the WINNING ON THE FIELD, not off the field.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
Until Jerry truly wants to W-I-N and not be an entertainment team, the culture will continue. Jerry wants entertainment because that is what makes the Cowboys the #1 sports franchise is all of sports. Screw the actual winning. Pride goes before destruction and his ego has damaged the WINNING ON THE FIELD, not off the field.

100% agree. Nothing is going to change as long as he is involved. He symbolizes the mediocre culture, players coming in have this culture in their minds, they were born watching a mediocre Dallas Cowboys that is all about flash and entertainment with no football substance. He must go and disconnect totally from the organization. Not just football, EVERYTHING

We can debate and argue to death about coaching changes, players, free agency, draft. When the head is rotten, the whole body is rotten

jsb357

Reaction score
Without trying to get political a politician once said...

''A fish rots from the head first.''