Evan Neal

RonWashington

Reaction score
6’7 360 lbs Evan Neal would make a nice bookend tackle next to Tyrone Smith next yr. Problem is he won’t be around when Dallas picks. Could see a Giants team grab him round one 2022 or the Eagles. Alabama players are pro ready . Best program in the country .

DanA

Reaction score
He’s a monster . It’s time to rebuild this O/line. Yeah he’s the Sewell / Slater of the next draft be gone when Dallas picks unless Jerrah trades up.

Hard to say how much rebuilding is required on the o-line and what to prioritize at the moment. We really need to see how the season plays out.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Hard to say how much rebuilding is required on the o-line and what to prioritize at the moment. We really need to see how the season plays out.

Collins unreliable Smith is in yr 11. Behind them you have Steele and who knows about Josh Ball and Knight. I would say it’s time to look at a tackle rounds one through 3 see who’s on the board etc. You have a 140 million QB who needs to be protected.

On the flip side McGovern Williams Biadaz Farniok seem to give the interior some depth.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Collins unreliable Smith is in yr 11. Behind them you have Steele and who knows about Josh Ball and Knight. I would say it’s time to look at a tackle rounds one through 3 see who’s on the board etc. You have a 140 million QB who needs to be protected.

On the flip side McGovern Williams Biadaz Farniok seem to give the interior some depth.
williams is a FA this year, so i can see him walking and then moving mcGovern over next to smith. then you need more guard depth. you could move biadaz to guard and draft a real day one starting center.

RonWashington

Reaction score
williams is a FA this year, so i can see him walking and then moving mcGovern over next to smith. then you need more guard depth. you could move biadaz to guard and draft a real day one starting center.

Farniok showed potential pre season he should work his way in it’s a long season injuries Covid etc

DanA

Reaction score

Next year Neale and LVE are out of contract and chances are Jaylon gets cut. That means we have two LB’s on the roster (Parsons & Cox) and Parsons seems to play a lot as an edge rusher. We’re likely going to have to double dip at LB even if Neale is re-signed.

Gallup, Wilson and Brown are out of contract leaving us with two receivers (Lamb & Cooper). We’ll likely have to double dip at reciever even if we re-sign Wilson.

Gregory and Armstrong are out of contract leaving us with D-Law and some guys that have barely played. Maybe we re-sign Gregory but that wouldn’t stop us from taking an edge rusher in the draft.

Then there’s TE with Shultz out of contract and safety with Kazee and Kearse out of contract and we don’t have a backup QB.

I feel like O-line might not be the no.1 priority and if Steele comes on then between Smith, Collins, Steele and Ball we could be covered at OT.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Would like to see Josh Ball some point this season . When he comes back . I heard quite a bit of hype that had he not had domestic issues he may have been a 2nd rounder. Certainly if he’s capable to half the reviews then yes puts less of a premium on Tackle but it’s such a critical position Smith yr 11 Collins doing his level best to make this his last yr in Dallas .

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Take a look at the video of his box jump I posted in the Sports Zone. 48" and landing one foot in front and one behind at his size? Who does such a thing? He does.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Timb in his post on Mock first round has Neal going 5th pick of round one to the Giants , I could see that book end young tackles with Andrew Thomas.

Tyrone out this game vs Denver , McCarthy liked Rashawn Slater last draft round one. Never a bad time to add talent to this position , wherever Neal ends up he will contribute day one.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Timb in his post on Mock first round has Neal going 5th pick of round one to the Giants , I could see that book end young tackles with Andrew Thomas.

Tyrone out this game vs Denver , McCarthy liked Rashawn Slater last draft round one. Never a bad time to add talent to this position , wherever Neal ends up he will contribute day one.

This is a really solid crop of OT talent coming out this year. The Cowboys should be looking to draft an OT high if the right player falls to them.