Twitter: Everson Griffen and Jeff Cavanaugh Twitter Spat

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Abbreviated offseason and two games in i get where Griffen is coming from, but with as bad as this defense overall has been its best to just keep quiet.

I bet he gets better as the season goes, but the "its week 2, im where I need to be" talk isn't a good look.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
"Not every team"? Huh?

I was simply saying everyone is on week 2, so that's not really an excuse. Level playing field and what not.
Yes, not every team has a par defense in week 2, sorry I wasn't more clear. My point was it doesn't look any better than last season regardless of it being week two.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Oh, boy. His job is to cover the story, not to insert himself into it.

He didn't insert himself into the story. This is just an aspect of social media. The person who is the subject of a comment can respond to it. Are you contending that people claiming to be reporters and that use the social media platforms should refrain from responding to criticism of their reporting, especially if it comes from the subject of said reporting? That may actually be a solid rule to adhere to but it is highly unlikely to ever happen.

CWR

Reaction score
If Griffin don't like it then play better.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Perhaps Jeff needs to first ask about Nolan’s scheme and what each player is being asked to do, purely pass rush, maintain outside contain, occupy blockers, run stunts.

Bottom line is Griffen was a late signing, playing in a new, unusual scheme with new teammates, playing in limited time due to rotation, but 2 games in he has 1 sack and is tied for the team lead with Aldon Smith. I’d say he is where he needs to be. And he has 8 tackles.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Clear to me that Griffin is responding because what was said is true. If Griffin actually felt good about himself he would not feel the need to respond in that manner. I suppose it is to his credit that he is capable of feeling bad about what we are getting for the 6 million.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Compare him to Quinn from last year. That guy was going beast mode from the jump. He clearly wanted another contract and he was rewarded with one. For once we were smart enough to let someone walk. Griffin seems content to end up on another one year deal somewhere next year. This is why the 3 million guaranteed is so critical. He would be thrilled to be released.

visionary

Reaction score
If you met Griffen in a dark alley and had been criticizing his game, you wouldn't like your odds.

What an ignorant post

He is a reporter covering the team and is doing his job. Are you telling me only people strong enough to physically beat someone have the right to be critical of them?

but we have come to expect this nonsense from you

Creeper

Reaction score
JC isn't wrong.

I think he is. In 2 games Griffen has 8 tackles (4 and 4), 1 sack and 1 pass defensed.

our $105 million DE has 6 tackles (3 and 3), 0 sacks and 1 PD.

I don't know how many plays they each have but I think complaining about Griffen after 2 games is wrong. He made a huge play against the Falcons, a game saving play. Can we say the same about anyone other than Aldon Smith on this DL?

cern

Reaction score
it appears cavanaugh's use of persiflage got the better of griffen. :)

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Yes, preseason was abbreviated and there were no games...for everyone, including the people Griffen is matched against. It’s perfectly fair to say he’s not winning his battles “yet.” Literally none of them are.