Everson Walls: The Other Side of "The Catch"

ondaedg

Reaction score
This thread is proof that good conversations are still possible on the interweb!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It’s a shame that he was on the defending end of that play. Walls had a terrific game that day - two interceptions of Montana.
No, it's a shame he was on the losing end of that play. Walls had a terrific game that day - two INTs of Montana.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
i noticed most ex- great players don't want to coach at the NFL level, and i've heard players guests say a number of players play better than what they would be as coaches. Its a reason why you don't see that many 'great" ex-players turn NFL coaches.

Maybe in a limited advisor role in camps, but just not very many ex-great players turn coaches.

Maybe Walls just advises the coaches. But Walls had the knack, and serious grownups in a multi billion dollar company would expend a little effort to see if that knack is transferable.

It's like Tony claiming he "figured it out" in 2013 and the game really slowed down for him. What does he think he figured out? Is it transferable?

landroverking

Reaction score
The key there is in your post, all 3 were road games, had they had a better record those games would have been in dallas, and turned out to be wins.
When Jimmy won the 2 sb's in a row he preached top seed, so they got the bye, 1 less game to play, and play all games at home.
The SF game , walsh was the better HC, and Montana was the better QB, he was hard to stop.
1992 was a road game at candlestick park

Flamma

Reaction score
A bit off topic. But I just watched the 1993 super bowl again. That's when the Bills took a 13-6 lead into halftime. But midway through the 2nd Jim Kelly missed a wide open Bebe down the left sideline for a TD. Had he connected Dallas would be down 17-6.

Up until that point Dallas didn't have the ball that much and were stale. But that didn't happen and the Bills started being the Bills. The rest is history.

Oh yeah, and Thurman Thomas did us a solid in that game.

cowboyec

Reaction score
one of my all-time favorite Cowboys.
wrote him many,many times and got some cool stuff from him...autographed pics...even sent me a hand written letter.
incredibly nice man.
my favorite corner of my lifetime.
:bow:EVERSON WALLS:bow:

Trendnet

Reaction score
Maybe Walls just advises the coaches. But Walls had the knack, and serious grownups in a multi billion dollar company would expend a little effort to see if that knack is transferable.

It's like Tony claiming he "figured it out" in 2013 and the game really slowed down for him. What does he think he figured out? Is it transferable?

"Modern coaches speak to to corner who last played over 30 years ago, what they found out will AMAZE you!"

FrankM

Reaction score
Often times you have ex players that where not great or talented make good coaches.
i noticed most ex- great players don't want to coach at the NFL level, and i've heard players guests say a number of players play better than what they would be as coaches. Its a reason why you don't see that many 'great" ex-players turn NFL coaches.

Maybe in a limited advisor role in camps, but just not very many ex-great players turn coaches.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Man, why doesn’t Everson coach our d backs ? And glad he got his ring with the Giants. He was the best CB Dallas ever had.

Golfzilla77

Reaction score
Indeed. Speaking of failure. Yesterday, January 28th (1996), was the last time our Boys won a Superbowl exactly 24 years ago. o_O

Yeah, and i thought when i first started watching them (the season of Super Bowl 15, when they lost to the Eagles in the NFC Championship) that they had gone through a tremendous dry spell, only making it back to the Super Bowl in the 1992 season. Wow, this stretch has quite literally been TWICE as bad! I'm thankful i got to see them strong in the 90's