CFZ Every Leupke snap vs. Jets

T-RO

Reaction score
Drive 1,
-Very nice lead block on play 2, assisting productive Pollard run​
-Goal line play. Ran right into Steele's back. No contribution​
Drive 3
-Smacked a Jets linebacker, but didn't sustain his block. Same Jet LB made the tackle.​
-Nice block, seemed to help Pollard gain a few additional yards.​
Drive 4
-Hit a Jet defender but no benefit on play​
-Was out in the route in the flats. Drew no defenders and was wide open. Dak tossed to Gallup, incomplete. Could have been a nice Leupke moment, had Dak checked down.​
-Goal line play. Released to flat. Dak looked first his direction. Covered. TD pass to Schoon.​
-X-tra point lead blocker for Pollard. Seemed to hit a target, but unclear it impacted play.​
Drive 5
-Goal line lead blocker. No real block made.​
Drive 7
-Hit a guy, but not relevant to play.​
-Nice seal block, though it didn't impact play​
-Great block for Dowdle on flat screen-lite. Productive play.​
Drive 10
-Hit a Jet. No impact on play. Jets were playing run all the way. No chance to really contribute.​
Drive 12
-Victory formation-protection for Dak's kneel​
-Victory formation-protection for another Dak kneel​

Last edited:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Would like to compare his work after a few more games. Lets see if by SF if he has improved.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Its funny that two UDFA's (Leupke and Bass) are the primary rookie contributors at this point. I still have long term hopes for Richards, Overshown, Schoon and Mazi but they might be year 2 guys like Tolbert appears to be.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
About what I saw too. Generally meh except that one good block out in the flat that directly led to a big gain. Interested to see how they plan to bring him along.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Its funny that two UDFA's (Leupke and Bass) are the primary rookie contributors at this point. I still have long term hopes for Richards, Overshown, Schoon and Mazi but they might be year 2 guys like Tolbert appears to be.
Might not be too

StarGazer1

Reaction score
It looked to me that if Hendershot would've followed Leupke's block he might score, but he tried to go outside and was stopped short.

Gorgon

Reaction score
Drive 1,
-Very nice lead block on play 2, assisting productive Pollard run​
-Goal line play. Ran right into Steele's back. No contribution​
Drive 3
-Smacked a Jets linebacker, but didn't sustain his block. Same Jet LB made the tackle.​
-Nice block, seemed to help Pollard gain a few additional yards.​
Drive 4
-Hit a Jet defender but no benefit on play​
-Was out in the route in the flats. Drew no defenders and was wide open. Dak tossed to Gallup, incomplete. Could have been a nice Leupke moment, had Dak checked down.​
-Goal line play. Released to flat. Dak looked first his direction. Covered. TD pass to Schoon.​
-X-tra point lead blocker for Pollard. Seemed to hit a target, but unclear it impacted play.​
Drive 5
-Goal line lead blocker. No real block made.​
Drive 7
-Hit a guy, but not relevant to play.​
-Nice seal block, though it didn't impact play​
-Great block for Dowdle on flat screen-lite. Productive play.​
Drive 10
-Hit a Jet. No impact on play. Jets were playing run all the way. No chance to really contribute.​
Drive 12
-Victory formation-protection for Dak's kneel​
Yep. I watched him too. Was a little disappointed that he couldn't identify his guy easier. But these things are crap shoots. I recall watching the Dallas vs. Buffalo #2 Super Bowl where the announcers praised the Nate Newton lead blocks. . . . except Newton never really hit anyone, barely sealed. It was just an insanely good Emmitt Smith on those runs and very poor Buffalo tackling. With MM's clear scheme this year, we NEED Leupke on the GL situations.

T-RO

Reaction score
Dude never played fullback before.
I know. That's a big reason many that follow the team were surprised he made the roster. He wasn't a major blocker in college and didn't appear to be asked to do a lot of it in training camp or preseason.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I was unenthusiastic about him on the team but I'm committed to keeping an open mind.
I mean he's fine. There's nothing to be enthusiastic about, but there are dozens of players just like him in th eleague that stick around.

T-RO

Reaction score
If I get some time I might watch the 49ers Juszczyk and see how his "hit-and-clear" or "hit-and-seal" rate compares. I need to have a point of comparison.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I think Luepke did alright playing FB considering I don't veiw him as a FB. It seems McCarthy is giving Hunter a real shot to see if he can make the transition. However, I'm waiting for a TE to play FB and let HL play RB for a few carries.